Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Daugherty says Brandon Phillips is very available

Re: Paul Daugherty says Brandon Phillips is very available

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    We agree on something! Agree on Davis. I liked what I saw in him. I'd like to be able to keep cueto and bailey right now and use Phillips to acquire a bat. Trade pitching as a last ditch or to acquire something huge, and I think I over estimated the return from Bautista and Rasmus. Actually one of my first posts on here was a deal with the angels who are pitching starved. Maybe dangle a cueto or chapman in front of them with Hamilton to see if they'd bite on giving up trout out of desperation. It's a long shot but at the time I was sick of hearing the trade a bunch of B level guys for Stanton ideas that were popular here at the time.
    Any GM who trades Trout is an idiot and should probably be fired the next day. And any GM who trades for Trout probably traded a few major pieces on their team and a few top prospects, and should probably suffer the same fate as the Angel's GM in this scenario.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by nate1213 View Post
    Any GM who trades Trout is an idiot and should probably be fired the next day. And any GM who trades for Trout probably traded a few major pieces on their team and a few top prospects, and should probably suffer the same fate as the Angel's GM in this scenario.
    I completely agree. My initial suggestion of it was in jest to all of the trade ideas that involved Stanton to the reds for such great prospects as soto hrod and corcino. I was saying that such a situation was more realistic because it at least had elite talent going both ways.

Mind the source.

https://twitter.com/JimBowdenESPNxm

Ned Yost said he & Dayton Moore have talked for hours and hours including the names of Carlos Beltran, Brandon Phillips & Ervin Santana XM89

Ned Yost told us starting pitching and second base are their priorities Sirius 209 XM 89

Brandon Phillips for Johnny Giovatella and a pitching prospect or two.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Brandon Phillips for Johnny Giovatella and a pitching prospect or two.
    Why would the Reds trade anyone for Giovatella?
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

7. Likes:

LoganBuck (11-13-2013), Tom Servo (11-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    He has a bunch of vowels in his name is the best reason I can come up with

Reds need more vowels

9. Likes:

RedEye (11-12-2013), Redsfaithful (11-13-2013)

BP and Mesoraco to the Jays for Bautista plus?

I wouldn't be surprised.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    MILB Career stat line of .305/.378/.438/.816, makes the league minimum and at age 26 he might be entering his prime years.

If he doesn't work out, no big deal, he was cheap and we unloaded a big contract.

I balked at the thought of Phillips for Alex Gordon before, but if they want him that bad in KC, maybe BP+a decent prospect would do it.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

13. Likes:

marcshoe (11-12-2013), RedEye (11-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I balked at the thought of Phillips for Alex Gordon before, but if they want him that bad in KC, maybe BP+a decent prospect would do it.
    This would be interesting. I bet that would be a conversation both teams would have.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    MILB Career stat line of .305/.378/.438/.816, makes the league minimum and at age 26 he might be entering his prime years.

If he doesn't work out, no big deal, he was cheap and we unloaded a big contract.
    A) Those numbers are a PCL/Texas League mirage. Giovatella has been exposed as judy hitter in the majors, which is why the Royals are desperate to find a 2B.

B) Trading away a guy who is still a plus player at 2B for nothing when your team is supposedly trying to win a title is a big deal.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

16. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-13-2013), Edd Roush (11-15-2013), Fil3232 (11-13-2013), LoganBuck (11-13-2013), RedFanAlways1966 (11-13-2013), RedlegJake (11-13-2013), REDREAD (11-13-2013), The Operator (11-17-2013), _Sir_Charles_ (11-15-2013)

[redacted]

How much does AA listen if a Bailey-BP-Hanigan package is available for Joey Bats? Would we even have somewhere to play him? If we could pull off such a fantasy trade, sign Infante for 3/30 or a Mark Ellis for a year or two, and then give Ludwick away to a power starved team like Seattle, would we be okay to trust CF to Hamilton?

The most challenging part of this off-season is going to be the timing.
    Last edited by [deleted]; 11-13-2013 at 03:50 AM.

BP+Hanigan+a prospect for Joey Bats would be great.

BP+Heisey+Corcino for Gordon wouldn't be bad either.
    Go BLUE!!!

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/cin/...&vkey=news_cin

And there's second baseman Brandon Phillips, who appears to be available after complaining about how he was treated differently than Votto in their contract negotiations.

Jocketty said the matter was addressed when it happened and that it's now forgotten. But the Reds clearly are in a listening mode with Phillips.

Regardless of what happens with Phillips, the Reds are going to contend again and very likely make the playoffs for the fourth time in five seasons. Unlike the previous three appearances, they hope to write a different ending.

Here is a deal that makes sense for both teams:

Phillips and Hanigan to the Colorado Rockies for Dexter Fowler and D.J. LeMahieu.

Rockies are looking for a power hitter and are shopping Fowler. Their catcher Wilton Rosario is expected to move to lst base or the outfield. Hanigan would be an upgrade defensively at catcher. Phillips gives them another righthand bat for the middle of their lineup.

Fowler and D.J. LeMahieu would be tablesetters at the top of the lineup for the Reds and the Reds will get payroll relief because Fowler has only a year or two to go on his contract. By then, Hamilton should be ready to take over in center. The Reds lineup would look like this:

1. Fowler cf
    2. LeMahieu 2b
    3. Votto lb
    4. Ludwick lf
    5. Bruce rf
    6. Frazier 3b
    7. Cozart ss
    8. Mesoraco c
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Turn Off Ads?