Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Daugherty says Brandon Phillips is very available

Re: Paul Daugherty says Brandon Phillips is very available

Well, this deal is contingent on one thing: Is a 5 year old child with a very low IQ running the Colorado Rockies? If so - do it Walt!

2. Likes:

joshua (11-15-2013),mth123 (11-15-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    Here is a deal that makes sense for both teams:

Phillips and Hanigan to the Colorado Rockies for Dexter Fowler and D.J. LeMahieu.

Rockies are looking for a power hitter and are shopping Fowler.
    If looking for power that would not make much sense. Fowler already has a higher slugging than Phillips the last 2 seasons and is 5 years younger. Not to mention the drop in power from Rosario to Hanigan.

5. Likes:

joshua (11-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    If looking for power that would not make much sense. Fowler already has a higher slugging than Phillips the last 2 seasons and is 5 years younger. Not to mention the drop in power from Rosario to Hanigan.
    The Rockies have ML ready outfield prospects to replace Fowler and not much at 2B. And Fowler's SLG is entirely driven by where he plays home games. If the two swapped teams, I have no doubt Phillips would have a higher SLG. The reason this deal wouldn't happen is because of the salaries. The Reds would be giving up more talent and it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    The Rockies have ML ready outfield prospects to replace Fowler and not much at 2B. And Fowler's SLG is entirely driven by where he plays home games. If the two swapped teams, I have no doubt Phillips would have a higher SLG. The reason this deal wouldn't happen is because of the salaries. The Reds would be giving up more talent and it's not even close.
    Josh Rutledge

He's their Devin Mesoraco. Only not even.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    Here is a deal that makes sense for both teams:

Phillips and Hanigan to the Colorado Rockies for Dexter Fowler and D.J. LeMahieu.
    There isn't any way in hell that the Rox don't get double that for Dex and D.J.

No chance.

There isn't any way in hell that the Rox don't get double that for Dex and D.J.
    Fowler's a rental. Free agent in 2015.

I'd do Hanigan for Fowler straight up. That would be a fair deal, but the Rockies don't need a catcher.
    Last edited by kpresidente; 11-16-2013 at 04:27 AM.

Maybe Jose Altuve would be an option to replace Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by vottofan4life View Post
    Maybe Jose Altuve would be an option to replace Brandon
    Why would Houston trade Altuve? He's young, their best player and hasn't even reached arbitration.

14. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (11-16-2013)

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    I'd do Hanigan for Fowler straight up. That would be a fair deal, but the Rockies don't need a catcher.
    What Reds FO person wouldn't? That being said the Reds would need a lot more if they want Fowler.

Rockies have been linked to Carlos Ruiz as I think they would like to move Rosario to 1st or OF. Hanigan would be a starting point. I'm not even sure if Mesoraco would be enough for Fowler..

16. Likes:

Edd Roush (11-20-2013)

The Rockies are going to be perpetually disappointed by what they can get for Fowler, just like they were last year when they shopped him and couldn't make a deal. Nobody trusts his bat outside of Coors, nor should they. If they want much more than Hanigan, I'll pass.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/c...ews+for+MLB%29

The Reds could lose center fielder Shin-Soo Choo as a free agent and seem hell-bent on trading second baseman Brandon Phillips.

As for duplicating Phillips’ .873 OPS with runners in scoring position … well, probably not even Phillips could do that.
    Last edited by PepperJack; 11-19-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    Why would Houston trade Altuve? He's young, their best player and hasn't even reached arbitration.
    Some people would claim that since the Astros are going to lose 100 games regardless, why not trade him? (See Chris Johnson, Lowrie, Melancon).

I agree, it makes no sense to trade Altuve, but I thought the same thing about Johnson.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    A) Those numbers are a PCL/Texas League mirage. Giovatella has been exposed as judy hitter in the majors, which is why the Royals are desperate to find a 2B.

B) Trading away a guy who is still a plus player at 2B for nothing when your team is supposedly trying to win a title is a big deal.
    I don't like this particular trade, but I think it's curious that the board seems 100% fine with letting Choo (a bigger piece of the 2013 team than BP) walk for a draft pick, but make comments like your B when it comes to Phillips.

If we're OK with letting one or the other go for nothing due to money, why not Phillips?

21. Likes:

joshua (11-21-2013)

Turn Off Ads?