Turn Off Ads?
Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 LastLast

Thread: Paul Daugherty says Brandon Phillips is very available

Re: Paul Daugherty says Brandon Phillips is very available

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    Altuve is 23, so I'm not sure I understand the logic
    Ok 23 is only 4 years younger than the guys they dumped because they'd be on the decline soon.

A better agument would be to say that Altuve is going to be a free agent after the 2017 season, and the Astros won't be competitive by then.
    If they can trade those 3 players I mentioned earlier, I'm not sure why Altuve is untouchable. Honestly, if anything, a 2b that can OPS 700 isn't exactly a superstar.

I was pointing out.. Flawed logic to dump every decent player that you have to do "full" rebuilding, as the Astros are doing.
    At some point, you have to decide to actually retain talent and build on it.
    Maybe the Astros start doing that this season? I don't know.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Ok 23 is only 4 years younger than the guys they dumped because they'd be on the decline soon.

A better agument would be to say that Altuve is going to be a free agent after the 2017 season, and the Astros won't be competitive by then.
    If they can trade those 3 players I mentioned earlier, I'm not sure why Altuve is untouchable. Honestly, if anything, a 2b that can OPS 700 isn't exactly a superstar.

I was pointing out.. Flawed logic to dump every decent player that you have to do "full" rebuilding, as the Astros are doing.
    At some point, you have to decide to actually retain talent and build on it.
    Maybe the Astros start doing that this season? I don't know.
    You are putting words in my mouth. I never said "those guys would be on the decline soon". I said "you could reasonably say they would be on the decline before the Astros are competitive again". I also never said Altuve was "untouchable". I said I don't understand why they would trade him. When you are doing a fire sale, Altuve is the type of player you look to acquire. Young and pre arbitration. He also happens to be good.

We happen to agree that it's dumb to trade him so I'm not really sure what we are debating over

https://twitter.com/DatDudeBP

#WellAlright... The day has finally come to begin the healing process for ligament damage in my wrist using PRP! I'm Goin' In... #CountDown

https://www.treatingpain.com/diagnos...ich-plasma-prp

Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy is a revolutionary new treatment that relieves pain by promoting long lasting healing of musculoskeletal conditions.
    PRP is a rapidly emerging technique is showing exciting potential with osteoarthritis of the knee, shoulder, hip and spine, rotator cuff tears, chronic plantar fasciitis, anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries, pelvic pain and instability, back and neck injuries, tennis elbow, ankle sprains, tendonitis, and ligament sprains.

5. Likes:

mbgrayson (11-26-2013)

That is a reason why I genuinely believe that 2013 was a "down" year for Phillips and not the beginning of true regression. While I dont expect him to hit .300/.400/.500, I think his 2014 will be better than his 2013.

7. Likes:

Norm Chortleton (11-26-2013), REDREAD (11-26-2013), TRF (12-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    That is a reason why I genuinely believe that 2013 was a "down" year for Phillips and not the beginning of true regression. While I dont expect him to hit .300/.400/.500, I think his 2014 will be better than his 2013.

I would say though, that I don't know if a HBP can cause ligament damage. Also, if this is to become a chronic injury, I wonder how much his performance would improve.

Forget about Phillips. I'm calling my orthopedist and getting PRP for my knees.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

10. Likes:

Degenerate39 (12-03-2013), Joeyjection19 (11-26-2013), Number_Fourteen (11-26-2013), PepperJack (11-26-2013), powersackers (11-27-2013), RED VAN HOT (11-27-2013), wlf WV (11-26-2013)

JIM BOWDEN
    ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm
    Reds did not invite Brandon Phillips to Redsfest and sources continue to insist that he will traded between now and the end of the WTR Mtgs
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    JIM BOWDEN
    ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm
    Reds did not invite Brandon Phillips to Redsfest and sources continue to insist that he will traded between now and the end of the WTR Mtgs
    Who knows if Jimbo is right, but if he is, this comment kind of scares me. It just suggests that the Reds will unload him no matter the cost. You'd hate to see the Reds sell low just because of some comments BP made. Hope that is wrong though. I still think they should keep him unless they get a wow offer.

13. Likes:

joshua (12-03-2013), marcshoe (12-03-2013), RANDY IN INDY (12-03-2013), Revering4Blue (12-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    JIM BOWDEN
    ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm

https://twitter.com/JimBowdenESPNxm

Cincinnati Reds have informed me that in fact Brandon Phillips was invited to Redsfest and my source was incorrect #apologies #Reds

15. Likes:

marcshoe (12-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post
    Is that the first time Bowden has announced something that turned out to be incorrect?

17. Likes:

Norm Chortleton (12-03-2013), Roy Tucker (12-03-2013)

lol bowden
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

19. Likes:

PepperJack (12-03-2013)

Leatherpants being Leatherpants.

21. Likes:

Dom Heffner (12-03-2013)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Is that the first time Bowden has announced something that turned out to be incorrect?
    My source says he was in leather pants when he typed that.

If Cano winds up in Seattle (long shot) and Beltran lands in KC, then you do have to revisit the idea of the Yankees over paying for BPhil.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Quote Originally Posted by I(heart)Freel View Post
    If Cano winds up in Seattle (long shot) and Beltran lands in KC, then you do have to revisit the idea of the Yankees over paying for BPhil.
    That would give BP a chance to appear nightly on web gems with behind the back tosses and between the legs tags.

Turn Off Ads?