Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PBS Frontline: "League of Denial"

Re: PBS Frontline: "League of Denial"

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I'm curious as to whether or not they'll eventually start requiring headgear for soccer at amateur levels -- maybe not to the level of what Petr Chech wears, but perhaps something that offers some padding to the head for collisions.
    I hope they don't do that because it will encourage players to use their heads more. Your brain is going to bounce off the inside of your skull just as hard during a head-to-head clash with head gear as without it.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: PBS Frontline: "League of Denial"

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Hockey players take a lot of hits, but you don't see nearly the same level of violent impacts to the head that you do in football. Hockey is lots of body blows.

Hockey players also rarely get pancaked to the ground the way NFLers do in games and in practice.
    The most interesting portion of the League of Denial program was the theory that it may not take violent impacts for CTE to occur. If true, other sports may have trouble down the road as well.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Turn Off Ads?