Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NLCS

Re: NLCS

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    One thing you have to remember is that our hearts don't really get broken if the Cardinals lose. Sure it hurts but there is always a "we will get them next year" mentality with most of the Cardinals fan base. You sort of saw this in 2004 with the Red Sox, where they swept the Cardinals in St. Louis and the fan base gave the Red Sox a standing ovation.
    Oh please

2. Likes:

757690 (10-11-2013), LexRedsFan (10-13-2013), Patrick Bateman (10-12-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I was once a Cardinals fan, albeit a long, long time ago (1964-65). There isn't anyone on the current Cardinals I particularly like (if they resurrect Ken Boyer let me know).
    I was never a Dodgers fan, although Sandy Koufax remains one of my favorites and I loved "The Boys of Summer" book(the 1950s Brooklyn Dodgers were before my time). While I am not a fan of any current Dodgers I did like Don Mattingly even if he was a Yankee.
    Hmmmm.......I think I will root for the Red Sox or Tigers!
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

If the Dodgers bring back Tommy Lasorda then I will definitely root for the Cardinals.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Oh please
    Roll your eyes all you want but that is the mentality. We don't get to the level of Red Sox fans who still can't get over 1986. The only time I see the sentiment that has been talked about is 1985 vs. the Royals.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Oh please
    No, it's true because Cardinal fans are the greatest fans in the history of sports. And they are also robots.
    Hacktastic: The Story of the 2014 Cincinnati Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    No, it's true because Cardinal fans are the greatest fans in the history of sports. And they are also robots.
    Why thank you

*orders Imo's and drinks watered down beer for some odd reason.

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

Oh look Mike is back, as soon as the Cardinals get into the NLCS, after a season of being mostly absent from RZ.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

I've been here on the forum but I haven't posted in the Old Red Guard section much.

Mike Shannon

So the entire NLCS is on TBS???????

What a crock. It's absurd that a leagues championship series is not available to everyone. MLB going the way of the NHL. Screw you Bud.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Playoff pitching: When in trouble, don't throw anything over the plate. Ever. Batters will get themselves out.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Kelly isn't a very good pitcher, but he has been incredible at getting out of tough jams all year. And it continues tonight.

Edit: until now, lol.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    So the entire NLCS is on TBS???????

What a crock. It's absurd that a leagues championship series is not available to everyone. MLB going the way of the NHL. Screw you Bud.
    True to a point, but anything that spares us from joe buck is a positive.
    Go Gators!

15. Likes:

757690 (10-11-2013), M2 (10-11-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Roll your eyes all you want but that is the mentality. We don't get to the level of Red Sox fans who still can't get over 1986. The only time I see the sentiment that has been talked about is 1985 vs. the Royals.
    Far as I can tell, that's true. The Cardinals fans I know have a relentlessly sunny disposition.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Far as I can tell, that's true. The Cardinals fans I know have a relentlessly sunny disposition.
    Me too, but all the Cardinal fans I know are around my age. This new young crop, judging from my going to games at Busch these past few years, aren't much better than Cubs fans.

Man Pills

If you're a negative Cardinals fan, you're just a schmuck.

You don't know suffering.

Turn Off Ads?