Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would want Uggla from Braves for BP?

Who would want Uggla from Braves for BP?

I am pretty sure this has been talked about, but I keep reading more and more of the possibility that BP will be traded to Braves for Uggla (some say with a top prospect, while others say straight up). I think this would be a really bad move. I am not sure how they would get rid of him with his contract, but they odviously want to get rid of him. Thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who would want Uggla from Braves for BP?

For the Reds to take Uggla in a trade, the Braves would have to take on some of the rest of his contract. He's owed 26 mil over the next two years. If I were the Reds, the Braves would have to pay half of that for me to take it.

4. Likes:

marcshoe (10-22-2013)

No wouldnt even consider it..And this is coming from someone who cant stand BP

If the Braves ate 20 million of Uggla's contract and threw in a legitimate pitching or bullpen arm I'd probably do it. I'd make Uggla one of our bench IFs and still look for a fill-in 2B to play 3/4 of the starts. You could do worse than Uggla for a RH power IF bench bat @ 3m a year.

Brandon Phillips for Dan Uggla and Tommy La Stella.

I can't see the braves paying 20 million of ugglas contract AND taking on Phillips.

9. Likes:

Reds&BuckeyeGuy (10-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJ View Post
    I can't see the braves paying 20 million of ugglas contract AND taking on Phillips.
    Me either. The Braves want to unload Uggla's money not pay it after he's gone. They are willing to take on BP's longer contract because he is at least somewhat worth it and upgrades them in the short term. No way they pay part of Uggla, especially if they are going to add in a prospect which is only way I want any part of him. Even then I'd rather do a deal somewhere else. I just have a bad feeling Walt is being told to move him. Period. That may tie his hands a bit.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

If it happens, it happens. Lets hope a change of scenery is what Uggla needs.

y'all can have Bj Upton also for one minor leaguer with #want.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

I would take BJ Upton 19 Braves 77

BJ Upton's contract is atrocious

Quote Originally Posted by jwertz View Post
    Brandon Phillips for Dan Uggla and Tommy La Stella.
    You would still do that? I am not sure I would even do that. He is not even on the same level and fielding IMO. I don't know much about that Tommy La Stella (will do some homework on him shortly), but I don't think that would be a trade that makes the reds better.

Quote Originally Posted by BEETTLEBUG View Post
    I would take BJ Upton 19 Braves 77
    Only minus that ridiculous contract. 60 million owed. Wow! In Uggla and BJ the Braves have 2 terrible contracts. BJ Upton is the poster boy for why you should always look ONLY at the numbers and keep your eyes off "potential" when awarding contracts.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Me either. The Braves want to unload Uggla's money not pay it after he's gone. They are willing to take on BP's longer contract because he is at least somewhat worth it and upgrades them in the short term. No way they pay part of Uggla, especially if they are going to add in a prospect which is only way I want any part of him. Even then I'd rather do a deal somewhere else. I just have a bad feeling Walt is being told to move him. Period. That may tie his hands a bit.
    And you know that EVERY other Gm know what as well, and will try and take him to the cleaners. I don't see this happening anytime soon, but it will happen. Yeah only way I would even consider this trade is if they thru another good prospect at us (but I don't see that happening IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Reds&BuckeyeGuy View Post
    You would still do that? I am not sure I would even do that. He is not even on the same level and fielding IMO. I don't know much about that Tommy La Stella (will do some homework on him shortly), but I don't think that would be a trade that makes the reds better.
    Put LaStella in AAA for half a year, live with Uggla, then LaStella comes up and Uggla becomes a power bat off the bench. I don't see the Braves giving him up - the kid has ML hitter written all over him. Walks, doesn't strike out, line drive power, good hard contact. A bit old for his level (24 at AA) but he was pretty dominant, too.

Turn Off Ads?