Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Carpenter retires

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Chris Carpenter retires

I didn't see this posted anywhere. From Derrick Goold on Twitter:

Chris Carpenter told cardinals he will retire, officially.
    So there you go. I never want a player to retire due to injuries, but, that said, I won't miss him too much.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chris Carpenter retires

From the Kevin Brown School of Charm to the Grumpy Ex Ballplayer's Union in one fell swoop.

4. Likes:

Always Red (11-20-2013),Big Klu (11-21-2013),cumberlandreds (11-20-2013),redsmetz (11-20-2013)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I'd actually prefer if he dropped dead, but this is satisfactory

6. Likes:

Dom Heffner (11-20-2013),Patrick Bateman (11-20-2013)

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

It is kind of sweet that he'll have all this free time now to spend time with his son.

(Walks into the house, sets his bag down)

"Have a seat, boy. Daddy's got a lot he needs to explain to you."
    Last edited by WildcatFan; 11-20-2013 at 06:10 PM.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

8. Likes:

Big Klu (11-21-2013),HeatherC1212 (11-21-2013),redsmetz (11-20-2013),Slyder (11-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    It is kind of sweet that he'll have all this free time now to spend time with his son.

(Walks into the house, sets his bag down)

"Have a seat, boy. Daddy's got a lot he needs to explain to you."
    That didn't take long.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Good.

Wow sad. What a great and I mean GREAT competitor. When he was on top of his game he could be down right filthy and unhittable. And on top of his great pitching he was a class act in every thing he did between the white lines and dealing with the media. Baseball needs more guys like Mr. Chris Carpenter. I wish him nothing but the best.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

12. Likes:

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

The good news is I can focus all my hatred now on Lance Lynn. Splitting it up between them was startmg to take its toll.

14. Likes:

westofyou (11-20-2013)

He probably should have retired months ago but hey, why not collect that entire season's salary even when you know there's no chance in hell you'll actually be playing?

Good riddance.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

16. Likes:

Dom Heffner (11-20-2013),foxfire123 (11-21-2013),paintmered (11-20-2013),Slyder (11-22-2013),thatcoolguy_22 (11-21-2013)

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    The good news is I can focus all my hatred now on Lance Lynn. Splitting it up between them was startmg to take its toll.
    I'm curious what you dislike about Lynn other than being a Cardinal? Is it the awkward yelling on the mound? Also, I think there is a good chance he will be gone soon too.

I think he'd make a good pitching coach if he chose to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    Wow sad. What a great and I mean GREAT competitor. When he was on top of his game he could be down right filthy and unhittable. And on top of his great pitching he was a class act in every thing he did between the white lines and dealing with the media. Baseball needs more guys like Mr. Chris Carpenter. I wish him nothing but the best.
    Chris Carpenter was the antithesis of class. I would hold him up to kids as an example of how not to behave while playing baseball.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

20. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (11-21-2013),bounty37h (11-21-2013),jimbo (11-20-2013),Joseph (11-21-2013),mbgrayson (11-20-2013),Rockermann (11-21-2013),Slyder (11-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    I'm curious what you dislike about Lynn other than being a Cardinal? Is it the awkward yelling on the mound? Also, I think there is a good chance he will be gone soon too.
    Yeah, as a Reds fan, I find Lynn to be one of the more likable Cardinals. And not just because he's so easy to hit
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I got a kinda good Lance Lynn story. I was working the bases his senior year at Brownsburg HS (where Randy's son goes) with Lynn pitching against a pretty good team. His infield that day was having a pretty bad day with the SS and 2nd baseman making like a couple errors each. Late in the game one of his fielders made yet another error, Lynn looked at me and made the comment " You know my teammates really blankin suck" it was gutsy and kinda funny because some umpires might eject him for such a comment but I just laughed. Whenever I hear stories about Crissy Carpenter doing similar things when his teammates made an error I tell myself Lynn is in good company with the Cards.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

23. Likes:

Dom Heffner (11-20-2013),oneupper (11-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    You had me going there for a second.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

25. Likes:

757690 (11-20-2013),alwaysawarrior (11-21-2013),BoxingRed (11-20-2013),Dom Heffner (11-20-2013),George Anderson (11-20-2013),mbgrayson (11-21-2013),Reds360 (11-21-2013),Slyder (11-22-2013),The Operator (11-20-2013)

Turn Off Ads?