Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Peterson loses his son

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Re: Adrian Peterson loses his son

Following up on my earlier post:

As most of us do, I know people who have kids but aren't around them anymore or haven't been much of a parent all along. If one of those kids dies, then -- assuming I don't already know the parents killed the kid themselves -- I'll express my sympathies to the parents because it's the decent thing to do. It doesn't mean I approve of their parenting skills. It doesn't even mean I like them. And I'm sure not going to put them through a vetting process to determine if they're deserving of receiving human kindness. A child died, and that's reason enough. If the sympathies are wasted on the parents, that's their cross to bear.

That is why I took issue with the Mushnick article, written how it was and when it was. My mom would kick my rear end for being that much of a jerk just as surely as she would have kicked it for having multiple children out of wedlock.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-18-2013),Roy Tucker (10-17-2013),texasdave (10-18-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Wow.

Just shaking my head.

Being a man involves being mature and responsible in a lot of ways. Whether it's Joe Schmo or Adrian Peterson, it's totally irresponsible to have kids in multiple states with multiple women, and completely inexcusable to have a child you've never met. He doesn't have the excuse of working a 9-5 job, not being able to get a day off, or not having the finances to visit the child. He knew about this kid for three months and made no effort to even meet him.

It's ridiculous for anyone to try to excuse this kind of behavior, whether it's Joe Schmo or Adrian Peterson. And yes, the women involved are just as guilty as the "men" are -- not that I consider anyone in this story a real man. I wonder how many of you guys making excuses for Adrian Peterson, are fathers yourselves?
    But didn't he make an effort to meet him? He'd planned to visit him within the next few months, and he was with him in the hospital. Again, Peterson is clearly no saint in this, but he didn't even know about the kid until just recently. In fact, IIRC, the baby mama had a paternity suit against another man.

And before you engage in any ad hominem attacks, please be aware of the following: (i) I am a father (and a pretty good one); and, (ii) my father walked out on me when I was a young kid and never came back.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    But didn't he make an effort to meet him? He'd planned to visit him within the next few months, and he was with him in the hospital. Again, Peterson is clearly no saint in this, but he didn't even know about the kid until just recently. In fact, IIRC, the baby mama had a paternity suit against another man.

And before you engage in any ad hominem attacks, please be aware of the following: (i) I am a father (and a pretty good one); and, (ii) my father walked out on me when I was a young kid and never came back.
    I wasn't singling anyone out. I'm also a father (a good one) and my dad also walked out on me at an early age. I still think Peterson had opportunities to meet this child, even if it was just three months. See my previous reasons.

6. Likes:

5TimeWSChamps (10-18-2013)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Baby Mama refers to his behavior before the kid was born. It's irresponsible to go around having unprotected sex with so many women because pregnancies can and do result. When that happens it's the kids that suffer. That's exactly what happened here
    You never cease to amaze....

One day you'll get what you deserve through your own negligence and we can all play up on a pedestal in a thread on Redszone....

Perhaps this woman was drunk, therefore AP didn't need a condom....

8. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (10-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post

One day you'll get what you deserve through your own negligence and we can all play up on a pedestal in a thread on Redszone....

There's a difference between playing "up on a pedestal" and talking about doing the right thing. In this case, I think you have confused the two...

10. Likes:

jimbo (10-18-2013),Sea Ray (10-21-2013)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    There's a difference between playing "up on a pedestal" and talking about doing the right thing. In this case, I think you have confused the two...
    I know...because everytime you've had sex you've worn a condom.

Actually- I'll bet you've never had premarital sex in your life. Because that's the right thing to do.

I know...because everytime you've had sex you've worn a condom.

Actually- I'll bet you've never had premarital sex in your life. Because that's the right thing to do.
    I only do what the good Lord tells me to do!

13. Likes:

Dom Heffner (10-20-2013)

Why must you always make things so personal on RZ? Your first 2 sentences were completely unnecessary.

If I ever "got what I deserve" why would I announce it on the internet?

Why must you always make things so personal on RZ? Your first 2 sentences were completely unnecessary.

If I ever "got what I deserve" why would I announce it on the internet?
    Maybe you deserve a delicious turkey sandwich. You could announce to the internet how delicious it is. That's why they made twitter, right?

16. Likes:

BillDoran (10-22-2013)

Maybe you deserve a delicious turkey sandwich. You could announce to the internet how delicious it is. That's why they made twitter, right?
    Have no idea. Don't do Twitter, FB, etc...but I sure wouldn't annouce on RZ those sorts of personal issues

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Have no idea. Don't do Twitter, FB, etc...but I sure wouldn't annouce on RZ those sorts of personal issues
    Wow. I thought that I was the only one eschewing the, IMO, aforementioned wastes of time and energy.

Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

19. Likes:

Sea Ray (10-21-2013)

C'mon, is a tasty turkey sandwich really a personal issue? I mean, you've divulged a road map to your political/moral belief system, but you don't want to talk about a sandwich?

21. Likes:

BillDoran (10-22-2013)

C'mon, is a tasty turkey sandwich really a personal issue? I mean, you've divulged a road map to your political/moral belief system, but you don't want to talk about a sandwich?
    I'll talk food, sure.

I've found a sub sandwich shop that makes one that I can't down in one sitting. Bella's is a new place out here and they have a 14" that has kicked my butt twice now. Anyone familiar with this chain?

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Wow. I thought that I was the only one eschewing the, IMO, aforementioned wastes of time and energy.

I have enough personal vices/guilty pleasures. I don't need any more

24. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-21-2013)

I dunno about turkey, but I could go for a roast beef sandwich right about now...

Turn Off Ads?