Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Peterson loses his son

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Adrian Peterson loses his son

Have any of you seen this story? There is a special place in hell for this piece of human filth.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...lleged-assault

Re: AP loses his son

"Son"

He has 4 kids with 4 different women and is in none of their lives.

Words can't express how awful I feel for the child, and how the monster responsible should get what's coming to him.

But spare me the #PrayforAP BS that's all over twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    "Son"

Words can't express how awful I feel for the child, and how the monster responsible should get what's coming to him.

You're probably right.

But you also have zero idea AP's effect on this kids life. Your comment is no better than those in the twitter world.

Then again, a thousand things happen like this everyday that are just as awful. The fact that this might have potentially ruined a few guys' fantasy lineups this week that generated a lot of buzz and articles is pretty disgusting.

It doesnt even deserved to be discussed.

4. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    You're probably right.

But you also have zero idea AP's effect on this kids life. Your comment is no better than those in the twitter world.

Then again, a thousand things happen like this everyday that are just as awful. The fact that this might have potentially ruined a few guys' fantasy lineups this week that generated a lot of buzz and articles is pretty disgusting.

It doesnt even deserved to be discussed.
    http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/v...2-c6ee8b0f39a7

Is that really the response of someone who had any sort of relationship with his son?

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/v...2-c6ee8b0f39a7

Is that really the response of someone who had any sort of relationship with his son?
    People deal with stuff in different ways.

I find it ridiculous that this get discussed. There's a thousand cases like this every day. AP is no worse, no better than lots out there.

AP isn't the issue here. We don't know what his responsibility is with this child. Maybe the mom doesn't want him around. I'm not praying for AP, I'm also not deriding him for a situation I know nothing about. I also don't care because discussing the inane lives of athletes is inane.

7. Likes:

919191 (10-14-2013),The Operator (10-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    People deal with stuff in different ways.

I find it ridiculous that this get discussed. There's a thousand cases like this every day. AP is no worse, no better than lots out there.

AP isn't the issue here. We don't know what his responsibility is with this child. Maybe the mom doesn't want him around. I'm not praying for AP, I'm also not deriding him for a situation I know nothing about. I also don't care because discussing the inane lives of athletes is inane.
    I've read that Adrian Peterson had never even met this child. That's all I need to know about Adrian Peterson. I'm a single father raising two kids on my own, and have zero respect for deadbeat dads. This story should be about a child tragically dying, and not about some football hero who used a child's death to suddenly claim the role of a father. The fact that Adrian Peterson is getting prayers and sympathy is pathetic.

9. Likes:

5TimeWSChamps (10-12-2013)

"Son"

Thank you.

Re: Adrian Peterson loses his son

AD is not making a big deal out of this, the media is.

The first time Adrian Peterson (AD) ever saw his son in person was when he was on life support, laying in a hospital bed.

AD only found out he had another son about three months ago.
    That was when the child’s mother, Ann Doohen, contacted AD about the paternity of her child.

AD accepted paternity responsibility and was reportedly making plans to make his first visit to Sioux Falls in late October, so that he could spend time with the child and be a present father to him.

I can only imagine his anguish.

R.I.P.

There is indeed a special place in hell for someone who would do that.

RIP to the little guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I wish 95% of this thread could not have happened. A few of you should be ashamed.

15. Likes:

marcshoe (10-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I wish 95% of this thread could not have happened. A few of you should be ashamed.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Why?
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Why?
    Because a child has died and a couple of people have used it as a platform to judge a guy like AP without knowing all the facts. But it's a common theme with you. You're always sitting there happy to stand in harsh judgement of people without knowing the facts. You're the same one who called Pacman Jones a piece of garbage as soon as it was mentioned that he was cited after the Packers game. Must be nice being perfect. That pitch fork of yours seems to get a lot of use.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

19. Likes:

919191 (10-14-2013),dabvu2498 (10-12-2013),marcshoe (10-18-2013),Patrick Bateman (10-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Because a child has died and a couple of people have used it as a platform to judge a guy like AP without knowing all the facts. But it's a common theme with you. You're always sitting there happy to stand in harsh judgement of people without knowing the facts. You're the same one who called Pacman Jones a piece of garbage as soon as it was mentioned that he was cited after the Packers game. Must be nice being perfect. That pitch fork of yours seems to get a lot of use.
    It seems you are the one using this thread to push an agenda that has nothing to do with the thread topic. This story is a tragedy in more than one way. Maybe if this child had a real man in his life, a man who would protect him from the garbage that did this to him, this could have been prevented. But obviously this child didn't have someone like that in his life.

And since YOU brought it up, my opinion of Pacman Jones was formed over a period of years, not just this last incident. I judge people on their character -- especially men -- not because they are, or were, a sports celebrity. The child in this story should be getting 100% of the sympathy, not some star running back who ignored the fact the child even existed.

Nice job of hijacking the thread.

21. Likes:

CoachBombay (10-16-2013),Sea Ray (10-14-2013)

Turn Off Ads?