Improper benefits at the U?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Improper benefits at the U?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    It surprised me a little when OSU got into some big time trouble with the NCAA. It surprised me even less with the Butch Davis issues at UNC, and even less with the USC allegations.

It does not surprise me at all that The U is in trouble. That football program always seems like a recipe for disaster. I guess what else I realized from this story, when Yahoo sports comes snooping around your program your in some serious trouble.

In other news, the sun rose in the east today.

Makes you wonder if someone affiliated with the U did Shapiro wrong cause he's spilling his guts about every misdeed he was ever a part of. If he was such a great booster, wouldn't he keep his mouth shut?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Makes you wonder if someone affiliated with the U did Shapiro wrong cause he's spilling his guts about every misdeed he was ever a part of. If he was such a great booster, wouldn't he keep his mouth shut?
    When your in jail for a Ponzi scheme? I would imagine some money is changing hands here in exchange for information.

Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Shapiro’s chief reason for blowing the whistle? Being abandoned by many of the athletes he helped, when he believed he had forged legitimate friendships with them.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...#ixzz1VIbFlw1V

If the NCAA doesn't issue the death penalty here they never will again. At least not until Cleveland State has a football team.

The best description I heard on this versus recent transgressions of OSU, Boise, Alabama, etc

They were doing 70 MPH in a 65, Miami flew past them doing 130 in a Ferrari flipping the bird at cops.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Yahoo has an entire section devoted to this story

Holy crap, this sounds really bad for Miami and it appears he's got all the proof the NCAA needs too. Good luck Hurricanes.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Wow. Now that is how you break the rules.

I love the Devin Hester quote where he said "He doesn't know the guy", yet there are two personalized autographed photos and at least 3 pictures of them together in small groups and clubs and restaurants.

The problem is the guys who received the improper benefits and the coaches who let it go are long gone. It would suck to be an incoming freshman or a soph who had nothing to do with these payments but are going to get hammered.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The problem is the guys who received the improper benefits and the coaches who let it go are long gone. It would suck to be an incoming freshman or a soph who had nothing to do with these payments but are going to get hammered.
    This. Though that didn't stop the NCAA in regards to SMU.

Yeah, this is the very definition of dirty. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Emmert's NCAA.

Could this be grounds for serious consideration of the death penalty? There's receipts, bank accounts, credit cards and other forms of corroboration to back many of these allegations. This scumbag felon obviously has an axe to grind, but he's apparently backing it up with hard facts.

No matter the name of the penalty, the NCAA schwackhammer is going to come down on The U. It's going to be painful, and it's going to linger for years.
    Last edited by paintmered; 08-17-2011 at 04:18 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    This is actually not true. At least 6 members of the football team and one member of the basketball team are still enrolled as well as a couple players that have transfered to other schools (including Robert Marve at Purdue).

Turn Off Ads?