Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A couple trade ideas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A couple trade ideas

1. Trade Phillips and Ludwick to Dodgers for Kemp (plus cash, around $30 mil) and Gordon.
    2. Trade Bailey and Soto to Rangers for Profar and Scheppers.
    3. Trade Chapman, Wright, Buckley and Corcino to Rays for Price and Myers.

Lineup
    CF Hamilton
    2B Profar
    1B Votto
    LF Kemp
    RF Bruce
    3B Myers
    SS Cozart
    C Mesoraco
    P

SP Price
    SP Latos
    SP Cueto
    SP Leake
    SP Cingrani
    CL Hoover
    SU Broxton
    SU Marshall
    RP Scheppers
    RP LeCure
    RP Parra
    RP Simon

Bench
    C Hanigan
    IF Gordon
    SU Frazier
    OF Heisey
    OF Lutz

With Kemp, a young Myers and Profar, Frazier would go back to a super utility player and still start 100 to 120 games. I think he plays much harder when he has to fight for playing time plus he gives a much better option on the bench. That would be the best put together team in baseball.

Let the kids play!

Re: A couple trade ideas

Those trades are a little lopsided in favor of the Reds,it would nice though.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Quote Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
    1. Trade Phillips and Ludwick to Dodgers for Kemp (plus cash, around $30 mil) and Gordon.
    2. Trade Bailey and Soto to Rangers for Profar and Scheppers.
    3. Trade Chapman, Wright, Buckley and Corcino to Rays for Price and Myers.

Lineup
    CF Hamilton
    2B Profar
    1B Votto
    LF Kemp
    RF Bruce
    3B Myers
    SS Cozart
    C Mesoraco
    P

SP Price
    SP Latos
    SP Cueto
    SP Leake
    SP Cingrani
    CL Hoover
    SU Broxton
    SU Marshall
    RP Scheppers
    RP LeCure
    RP Parra
    RP Simon

Bench
    C Hanigan
    IF Gordon
    SU Frazier
    OF Heisey
    OF Lutz

With Kemp, a young Myers and Profar, Frazier would go back to a super utility player and still start 100 to 120 games. I think he plays much harder when he has to fight for playing time plus he gives a much better option on the bench. That would be the best put together team in baseball.
    You forgot Ondrusek for Kershaw

4. Likes:

camisadelgolf (10-15-2013),Homer Bailey (10-14-2013),kbrake (10-13-2013),LaFlamaBlanca (10-14-2013),LexRedsFan (10-13-2013),MattyHo4Life (10-13-2013),Norm Chortleton (10-14-2013),PedroBourbon (10-14-2013),Red Raindog (10-13-2013),Slyder (10-15-2013),westofyou (10-14-2013),WildcatFan (10-15-2013),Wonderful Monds (10-13-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (10-13-2013)

Those should be the top targets for the Reds. I doubt the other teams would accept those offers, but those offers are a reasonable place to start.

The first one makes sense.

The second one makes sense without Scheppers.

The third one makes sense without Myers.
    Last edited by 757690; 10-13-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-14-2013)

Yep. Three outlandishly one sided trades will do that for ya. All that remains is to get the other guys to agree to the insanity.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

8. Likes:

Homer Bailey (10-14-2013),LaFlamaBlanca (10-14-2013),Wonderful Monds (10-13-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (10-13-2013)

Joe (I'm assuming),

#1 - Why in the heck would the Dodgers give up Kemp (and pay us $30 mil) for Phillips?

#2 - Bailey and Soto wouldn't get Profar

#3 - That offer would not pull off Myers, let alone Myers and Price. You also just put Myers at 3B? Why don't you just move him back to catcher?

When creating possible trades, I'd recommend starting with what the other team would want in return for their stars. If I'm a Rays fan, and I want to unload Myers and Price, I start with Stephenson and Cingrani.

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    Joe (I'm assuming),

#1 - Why in the heck would the Dodgers give up Kemp (and pay us $30 mil) for Phillips?

#2 - Bailey and Soto wouldn't get Profar.
    Kemp is coming off a devastating injury and surgery, and is owed $20M+ a year for five more years. He may never be good ever again. Huge risk to any team acquiring him.

Bailey and Soto should get Profar. That's exactly they type of trade that the Rangers love to make. Known quantity for the immediate in exchange for a top prospect that's blocked.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

11. Likes:

johns (10-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    Joe (I'm assuming),

#2 - Bailey and Soto wouldn't get Profar

#3 - That offer would not pull off Myers, let alone Myers and Price. You also just put Myers at 3B? Why don't you just move him back to catcher?

When creating possible trades, I'd recommend starting with what the other team would want in return for their stars. If I'm a Rays fan, and I want to unload Myers and Price, I start with Stephenson and Cingrani.
    I think you're undervaluing Bailey and overvaluing Profar. Bailey is one of the better young power arms in baseball and he's still only 27.
    Last edited by SidneySlicker; 10-14-2013 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker View Post
    I think you're undervaluing Bailey and overvaluing Profar. Bailey is one of the better young power arms in baseball and he's still only 27.
    Ya, but if Texas really wants to pay him tons of money for 2015--> they can do that anyway 12 months from now and keep Profar.

I would trade for Joe Shlabotnik in an effort to "get him goin" so that he does not "clog the bases" with useless bases on balls

I'd say the first is most likely. Sub Ethier for Kemp, lower the money coming back and drop Ludwick and Gordon and it may work. I'd like to have Gordon as the UI though, so if they'd take say Marshall to even the money a bit and throw in Gordon and Paco Rodriguez it could be possible.

I think two and three look like a version of a deal the Rays and Rangers probably make involving Profar and Scheppers for Price (no way Myers is dealt). I can't imagine the Rays taking Chapman unless the Reds throw in money. They deal those cost increasing types away, not deal for them. Bailey to the Rangers could happen, but I'd guess they'd aim higher if they are going to deal Profar (and the Reds would be really short in the rotation). For Bailey, I'd imagine lower level guys who aren't ready yet are more likely. Maybe Rougned Odor and Cody Buckel or something along those lines. Chapman to the Rangers might be more likely to net Profar, but I still don't see it.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Well at least it got people talking. I get the fact these trades won't happen but it's the type of trades that could happen. Trade #1 to me it sounds like a trade that could happen because they need to move an OF and Kemp is the one that would make the most since, Gordon has been put on the back burner and needs a change of scenery. With the money coming back to the Reds it would help offset the money the Reds take on Kemps contract. Dodgers get the help they need at 2B and Ludwick would make more since being the 4th OF instead of Kemp or Crawford. I think that trade #2 is the most do-able both teams fill a big need. Bailey would be huge in Texas and the price for a pitcher like him should net that kind of talent. Ask yourself who would you rather have Garza or Bailey and I would say most people in baseball would say Bailey and Garza for Profar almost happened so I think trade #2 could very well happen. as for the #3 I just thought WTH see what people would say as Chapman and Price have been brought up before and I was just trying to be creative.

Let the kids play!

17. Likes:

757690 (10-13-2013),Revering4Blue (10-14-2013)

Well at least it got people talking. I get the fact these trades won't happen but it's the type of trades that could happen. Trade #1 to me it sounds like a trade that could happen because they need to move an OF and Kemp is the one that would make the most since, Gordon has been put on the back burner and needs a change of scenery. With the money coming back to the Reds it would help offset the money the Reds take on Kemps contract. Dodgers get the help they need at 2B and Ludwick would make more since being the 4th OF instead of Kemp or Crawford. I think that trade #2 is the most do-able both teams fill a big need. Bailey would be huge in Texas and the price for a pitcher like him should net that kind of talent. Ask yourself who would you rather have Garza or Bailey and I would say most people in baseball would say Bailey and Garza for Profar almost happened so I think trade #2 could very well happen. as for the #3 I just thought WTH see what people would say as Chapman and Price have been brought up before and I was just trying to be creative.
    I actually like your plan, but I think it needs some tweaking to make it less lopsided. My three deals and the other moves that they lay the groundwork for (and I fully admit that these may be no more realistic but the deals seem fair to the trade partners to me).

1.Phillips and Sean Marshall to the Dodgers, for Paco Rodriguez, Dee Gordon, Scott Van Slyke and Corey Seeger.

2. Chapman, Ryan Ludwick, Henry Rodriguez, Curtis Partch and Ryan Hanigan to the Tigers for Bruce Rondon, Nick Castellanos, Matt Tuiasosopo and Alex Avila. The Reds may need to sub a Corcino or a Contreras for one of the minor leaguers to make this more realistic.

3. Castellanos, Devin Mesoraco, Neftali Soto, Chris Heisey, Jack Hannahan and Nick Travieso to the Marlins for Giancarlo Stanton and Rob Brantley.

Re-sign Parra, Re-sign Choo and sign both Alexander Guerrero and a stop gap like Omar Infante. Deal Ondrusek for a PTBNL or sell him to Japan to Korea or something. Let Arroyo walk and don't risk a qualifying offer. Talk turkey with Bailey and Latos concerning extensions.

Choo CF
    Infante 2B
    Votto 1B
    Stanton LF
    Bruce RF
    Frazier 3B
    Avila C
    Cozart SS

Brantley C (L), Gordon MI (L), Van Slyke OF (R), Tuiasosopo CI/OF (R) and Paul OF (L) on the bench.

Latos, Cueto, Bailey, Cingrani and Leake in the rotation. Hoover closing with Rondon, Lecure and Simon setting up from the right side. Parra and Rodriguez from the left side. Last spot goes to Broxton if he's healthy or rotates through guys they take a flyer on (like Duke for example) if not. Guys like Corcino, Contreras, Crabbe and Rogers might be candidates as well with Nick Christiani and Drew Hayes dark horse candidates. Hamilton, Guerrero, Lutz, Y-Rod, Robinson and even Lamarre are available in AAA with Stephenson eventually joining them there by Memorial Day.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

but it's the type of trades that could happen
    It's actually not.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I'd do Cingrani, Ondrusek, and D-Rob for George Springer.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Turn Off Ads?