Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 209

Thread: 40 Man Roster - 2014

  1. #166
    Moderator Gallen5862's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wilmington,NC
    Posts
    6,044

    Re: 40 Man Roster - 2014

    What are the chances Derrick Robinson clears waivers or do you think the Reds can trade him before the 10 days are up

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #167
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    33,752

    Re: 40 Man Roster - 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    What are the chances Derrick Robinson clears waivers or do you think the Reds can trade him before the 10 days are up
    Would you claim him? Teams probably all have guys similar to him.

  4. #168
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Flipadelphia
    Posts
    2,157

    Re: 40 Man Roster - 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    What are the chances Derrick Robinson clears waivers or do you think the Reds can trade him before the 10 days are up


    I think he will clear waivers. From what I heard earlier in the day, he injured his shoulder in winter ball, so he may be out a while.

  5. #169
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: 40 Man Roster - 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Robinson was actually useful. No way would I keep LaMarre over him.
    No one is gong to take DRob in the rule 5 draft. They might take LaMarre. But, yeah, DRob is more likely to help in 2014.
    "I donít know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody".
    óBill Cosby

  6. #170
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,654

    Re: 40 Man Roster - 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    No one is gong to take DRob in the rule 5 draft. They might take LaMarre. But, yeah, DRob is more likely to help in 2014.
    This is what happens when a FO is afraid to acknowledge it made a bad pick.

    I know he has better MiLB stats (than Robinson).
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

  7. #171
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    33,752

    Re: 40 Man Roster - 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    This is what happens when a FO is afraid to acknowledge it made a bad pick.

    I know he has better MiLB stats (than Robinson).
    Huh?

  8. #172
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,654

    Re: 40 Man Roster - 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Huh?
    I'm just saying that I wouldn't rely on MiLB stats to determine which of the two will be more productive in MLB. And I don't think Hamilton makes Robinson redundant, I still like him as a reserve OF/PR/DR. It's possible Hamilton could even help make him a better base stealer.

    What kind of MLB career do you see LaMarre having?
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

  9. #173
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    33,752

    Re: 40 Man Roster - 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I'm just saying that I wouldn't rely on MiLB stats to determine which of the two will be more productive in MLB. And I don't think Hamilton makes Robinson redundant, I still like him as a reserve OF/PR/DR. It's possible Hamilton could even help make him a better base stealer.

    What kind of MLB career do you see LaMarre having?
    So who was the bad pick you are talking about?

    LaMarre is likely a good 4th outfielder. Chris Heisey type production. Solid all around, but probably won't hit enough to start. Will probably draw more walks than what Heisey has shown.

  10. #174
    WOOOOO!!! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    6,366

    Re: 40 Man Roster - 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    So who was the bad pick you are talking about?

    LaMarre is likely a good 4th outfielder. Chris Heisey type production. Solid all around, but probably won't hit enough to start. Will probably draw more walks than what Heisey has shown.
    Honestly, I'll be really surprised if LaMarre has 1,153 MLB PAs of .741 OPS by his 30th birthday...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  11. #175
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    33,752

    Re: 40 Man Roster - 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Honestly, I'll be really surprised if LaMarre has 1,153 MLB PAs of .741 OPS by his 30th birthday...
    Maybe not the number of PA's because he is going to be fighting against a much better group of outfielders than Heisey had to. They are similar hitters outside of the big HR year that Heisey had IMO. LaMarre is easily a better defender.

  12. #176
    Member klw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,694

    Re: 40 Man Roster - 2014

    This tweet by Robinson made me think that he does not expect to be back:
    https://twitter.com/Drob104
    Derrick Robinson ‏@Drob104 26 Nov
    Reds nation I just want thank you guys for the opportunity, the love, and support! Couldn't have asked for a better rookie season.

  13. #177
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,654

    Re: 40 Man Roster - 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    This tweet by Robinson made me think that he does not expect to be back:
    https://twitter.com/Drob104
    Derrick Robinson ‏@Drob104 26 Nov
    Well, that sucks.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

  14. #178
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: 40 Man Roster - 2014

    I'm guessing that since we haven't heard anything about Hanigan, Heisey or Paul at this late point, that they will either be traded or non tendered.
    "I donít know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody".
    óBill Cosby

  15. #179
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: 40 Man Roster - 2014

    "I donít know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody".
    óBill Cosby

  16. #180
    Redsmetz redsmetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Winton Place
    Posts
    11,040

    Re: 40 Man Roster - 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I'm guessing that since we haven't heard anything about Hanigan, Heisey or Paul at this late point, that they will either be traded or non tendered.
    Just curious as to why you would have assumed that? We knew one move had to be made to make room for Schumaker (or Parra, I can't remember which was last), so one player had to be removed from the roster. As many noted here, Paul was the likely candidate and that's the move they made, as we see now. But otherwise, there was no need to move either Heisey or Hanigan at the moment.
    ďIn the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.Ē - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

    The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things, that's Rallyonion.com

    The Baseball Bookstore

    http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25