Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Topps honors Teddy Kremer

Re: Topps honors Teddy Kremer

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Yep, if it's a short print, it will go for over $100. They are hard to pull just by buying packs. But if you wait six months, it should be somewhat affordable.
    Maybe but also may be hard to find by then. Looked up skip schumaker topps rally squirrel card to compare it to but could find only one on ebay. Buy it now for $80. I guess everyone that paid that much for them are sitting on them in their collection.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    I would expect these to go for over $100 for at least the first few weeks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEDDY-KREMER...item2a32d31c1a
    Not unlikely. The variations are always a hot item in Topps sets because of the limited print run.

I actually sold three 2011 Topps Rally Squirrel variations for well over $200 apiece when they were first released. I wouldn't be surprised to see Teddy's card surpass that because, well, he's much cooler than a silly squirrel.

Best news ever!!!!

This might be the greatest baseball card ever made. I'm going to buy one, enlarge it to 4 feet by 6 feet, and hang it up as the centerpiece in my living room!!!!!1111

100 dollars is a bargain/steal. Can you really put a price on inspiration, motivation, and dedication?!?!?

Every time I think of Teddy, I want to hit a home run over the mountain of adversity and round the bases of determination, before tastefully sliding into the home plate of positive self-appraisal!!!!111

And my song will be "Ain't No Mountain High Enough," sung by One Direction.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 10-18-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    "And why do false truths persist, getting passed down the decades as if they were fact? It comes back to the same point: People believe things that are wrong because, individually, people rarely investigate their own beliefs, particularly when what they believe makes sense intuitively. Even more so when those around them agree with them." -K.F.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Best news ever!!!!

This might be the greatest baseball card ever made. I'm going to buy one, enlarge it to 4 feet by 6 feet, and hang it up as the centerpiece in my living room!!!!!1111

100 dollars is a bargain/steal. Can you really put a price on inspiration, motivation, and dedication?!?!?
    Of course you can't. That's kind of the crux of the whole Kremer story.

I suppose you also can't put a price on ignorance or bullying, which is how this post comes across.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished

Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    The base you want to acquire is home.

6. Likes:

Big Klu (10-18-2013)

Good for him, he must feel like a million bucks. Teddy was such a good story I'm surprised the Reds don't offer more opportunities for disabled people like him. It's a great PR move, and gives people an opportunity to prove that mental retardation can't stop you from achieving what you want in life.

When he asked Frazier to hit a homer for him, and he did, I teared up a little at Teddy's reaction. He was absolutely elated. I hope Teddy's a mainstay for a while, he's a pretty good batboy.

8. Likes:

wlf WV (10-19-2013)

That is awesome! I need to acquire one of those bad boys.

10. Likes:

Larkin Fan (10-18-2013)

It's totally awesome. Though I still feel like the Reds should've given him more of a role. Don't understand why that didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    It's totally awesome. Though I still feel like the Reds should've given him more of a role. Don't understand why that didn't happen.
    He does have a job at the stadium at the fan accommodations area.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Best news ever!!!!

Every time I think of Teddy, I want to hit a home run over the mountain of adversity and round the bases of determination, before tastefully sliding into the home plate of positive self-appraisal!!!!111

And my song will be "Ain't No Mountain High Enough," sung by One Direction.
    You are classy. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    He does have a job at the stadium at the fan accommodations area.
    is that for the entire season? if so, that's cool, never heard that. i still like him as a bat boy. i think that's where he wants to be and his energy down there is contagious.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    is that for the entire season? if so, that's cool, never heard that. i still like him as a bat boy. i think that's where he wants to be and his energy down there is contagious.
    I totally agree. The energy he brought was exactly what this team lacked. The ESPN piece made mention of his job at the stadium.

My only issue with this card is that it's a special print, making it hard and expensive to get for the average fan. This would have been a perfect card to put into the regular series, making it easy for fans to get one just by buying packs.

This is the kind of card Topps should be making sure as many fans get, as it's inspirational, educational and motivational. It's a shame they are using this amazing story to make as much money as possible, instead of making a difference.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It's a shame they are using this amazing story to make as much money as possible, instead of making a difference.
    They should at least be donating a good deal of the money to some kind of down syndrome charity organization. Maybe get more guys like Teddy jobs with MLB teams.

The guy who bags groceries at my local Kroger has down syndrome, and he recently told me he was getting laid off due to them adding in another self checkout area. These people are more than capable of working, and they need jobs just like the rest of us.

18. Likes:

757690 (10-28-2013), bounty37h (10-29-2013)

Turn Off Ads?