Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Do you want to see BP traded?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

90 56.96%
  • No

68 43.04%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Do you want BP to be traded?

Re: Poll: Do you want BP to be traded?

No. He is my 8 year old sons favorite player. So what I want is for him to play at his 2011 level again and the Reds not to be hampered by his contract in other moves they want to make. Then we both can get what we want.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    why are the results hidden?
    Sorry, I clicked the wrong box on the poll settings. I do not know how to change them now, if someone can help that would be great.

Otherwise, the votes right now are 13 Yes and 10 No
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

No. Every idea I've seen for trading Phillips leaves the Reds with a gaping hole in the middle IF. I'd rather keep Phillips and upgrade Cozart.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

If the savings results in resigning Choo - yes

Otherwise - depends on the return

For those who said Yes. I meant for you to also post what you would want to trade him for. I know that the offseason hasn't even started for the MLB, but it is still fun to see what everybody wants to see happen.

For me it is this:

Dream Scenario: Read this from joe51391's thread. Reds trade BP and Ludwick for Kemp and $30M cash.

Reds get an MVP talent who can play CF and is younger than Choo. You will pay him close to the same money you would pay Choo and he offers you a power hitting right handed bat. His contract is hard to swallow, but he is in his prime now and actually becomes a FA after age 34 after the 2019 season. TV deal looming in 2016 could help pay for his contract too.

Possible Scenario: Read the Jays are looking for 2B, LF, and C. Also, they say anyone is available. Maybe offer them BP, Ludwick, Hanigan for Bautista and either some mid level prospect or backup major leaguer.

Reds get one of the best power hitting righties in the AL. He is 32 years old and still peforming well. His contract is not too hard to swallow given that BP would be gone. He becomes a FA after 2015 season.

Realistic Scenario: BP to the Dodgers for Either and Gordon.

Reds will get a decent power hitting left handed outfielder. He can play CF too in case Choo leaves and is only a year older than Choo. Contract is a little higher than one would like, so maybe ask for cash too. He become a FA after 2017 season.

My 3 scenarios include guys who have been injured recently and could hurt a team's payroll pretty badly. However, I read or heard (I don't remember which) that teams with players who are injured are not all that hurt in terms of money by the injury. Teams have insurance agaisnt player injuries where the some or most of the contract is paid by insurance during their injury rehab process.

EDIT: The trades to the Dodgers would likely result in letting Choo walk.

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    For those who said Yes. I meant for you to also post what you would want to trade him for. I know that the offseason hasn't even started for the MLB, but it is still fun to see what everybody wants to see happen.

For me it is this:

Dream Scenario

Possible Scenario

Realistic Scenario
    In none of those scenarios have you figured out who's playing 2B. Blowing open a crater at 2B is not going to make the Reds a better team.

And why are the poll results hidden?

Is 2B really that difficult of a position to replace? Omar Infante would be fine with me...

I answered "No", but my caveat is that if the right offer is made I would.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

I'm not sure I'm quite getting how a .700 OPS is irreplaceable either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    You gain elsewhere by paying less for it

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    He's not, but his glove is a major factor and I've yet to see one idea that upgrades Phillips. Trading Phillips for a likely downgrade of Choo and then scrambling for a downgrade of Phillips doesn't strike me as a plan to make the Reds a better ballclub. The Reds certainly need a better offense and if someone can come up with a reasonable idea to upgrade Phillips' bat without torpedoing the defense, I'm receptive to it. But still waiting on that.

In addition, the ideas that are getting tossed around in the name of saving the Reds money on Phillips seem to wind up being deals that will cost the Reds more money.
    Last edited by M2; 10-18-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Again, I must have clicked the wrong box when posting the Poll, but for those who want to know: it is 17 for Yes and 17 for No.

If someone know how to change settings after the fact, please let me know.

The answer to EVERY trade poll should be: it depends.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

15. Likes:

Caveman Techie (10-21-2013),Norm Chortleton (10-18-2013),RadfordVA (10-18-2013),Raisor (10-18-2013),Revering4Blue (10-18-2013),Spider Tre (10-20-2013),Unassisted (10-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    In none of those scenarios have you figured out who's playing 2B. Blowing open a crater at 2B is not going to make the Reds a better team.

And why are the poll results hidden?
    Omar Infante could be brought in.

Red are still linked to Alexander Guerrero.

Other trade opportunities are out there too, namely the oft used Homer and players for Profar.

Otherwise, we have Henry Rodriguez in the minors too.

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    Omar Infante could be brought in.

Red are still linked to Alexander Guerrero.

Other trade opportunities are out there too, namely the oft used Homer and players for Profar.

Otherwise, we have Henry Rodriguez in the minors too.
    Infante = downgrade (you can argue over how much, but it's still a downgrade). And he will cost money (on top of the mammothly expensive OF options you listed), so the Reds will have even less to lock up Latos and/or Bailey if they go that route.

Guerrero - no thank you.

Profar is a SS. The kid probably wants nothing to do with a team that wants to stick him at 2B. He could probably upgrade Cozart's bat, but he didn't look particularly ready to match what Phillips gives you at the plate.

Henry Rodriguez - absolutely not.

Again, here's my problem: OF < Choo and 2B < Phillips does not improve the Cincinnati Reds. So I'm seeing ideas that cost a lot of money, potentially involve the Reds also trading a SP and they all seem to be plans to morph the Reds into an 85-win team.

Turn Off Ads?