Since there isn't any offseason discussion in SD, I figured I'd start one up while I wait on my ORG access. Several things need to happen this winter.
1) New manager of course. Personally I'm all for Bryan Price. There aren't many choices out there. But after seeing the Arroyo and Lecure quotes on Price, I like him to be the new manager. He's also always been for Chapman starting, so maybe we'll give that one more shot.
2) Brandon Phillips has always been one of my favorite players but maybe its just time for him to go. I love him, but that contract is terrible and it will really hurt us down the road and I'm not looking forward to being irrelevant again.
3) Maybe Homer could be traded, who knows? Texas is definitely a team I'd call and have some discussions with, especially about Profar. But I'm not sure if we'll see this one happen.
4) We need a power righty in the order. Maybe Ludwick could be that guy again but I'm just not seeing it. I have no clue what is out there for us to look at so..
5) Choo. He was awesome. Is it worth signing him for 5 years and over 100 mil? I don't know, thats for Walt to decide. Of course for this to happen, Phillips would need to be traded.
6) The bench. Our bench was horrible. I don't know who to get but he's gotta be better than Izturis.