Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Reds Arbitration Class- MLBTRADERUMORS analysis

Re: Reds Arbitration Class- MLBTRADERUMORS analysis

chapaman did not give up a hit in the last week of the season he was unhittable dont you think??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Justin Masterson's hearing is scheduled for February 20, according to various web reports. No word I can find on Homer Bailey's hearing. The timing of that hearing could influence the timing of any decision on a long-term contract.

There has been dead silence from the Reds and Bailey recently which leads me to believe they are in discussion and that we'll know the result soon.

Obviously if he signs for one year he still can extend later. But as the clock ticks, without a LTC, there's more of a chance he goes FA after the season.

Masterson and Bailey, I've read, are considered similar cases they are considered to be in the same category of pitchers in terms of arbitration. They are the two major starting pitchers left in arbitration. Kimbrel is also very interesting because he's an unusually successful reliever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Justin Masterson's hearing is scheduled for February 20, according to various web reports. No word I can find on Homer Bailey's hearing. The timing of that hearing could influence the timing of any decision on a long-term contract.

There has been dead silence from the Reds and Bailey recently which leads me to believe they are in discussion and that we'll know the result soon.

Obviously if he signs for one year he still can extend later. But as the clock ticks, without a LTC, there's more of a chance he goes FA after the season.

Masterson and Bailey, I've read, are considered similar cases they are considered to be in the same category of pitchers in terms of arbitration. They are the two major starting pitchers left in arbitration. Kimbrel is also very interesting because he's an unusually successful reliever.
    In the last post of the Bailey thread, someone said it is also on February 20th too.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Of about 19 arbitration situations left to go, the four biggest in terms of money are Bailey, Masterson, Wieters, and Kimbrel.

Masterson is asking for the most money, at $11.8 million, but if you average in bid and asked, Bailey leads with a $10.15 million average. The gap between bid and asked for Masterson is greater than Bailey's gap with the Reds.

Kimbrel is interesting because he's asking for $9 million as a reliever.

Wieters has a gap of $2.25 million as compared with the Orioles' offer.

Other situations with fairly wide gaps are Trumbo, Samardzija, Jansen of the Dodgers, Clippard of the Nats, Belt of the Giants.
    Last edited by Kc61; 02-04-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

"I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Turn Off Ads?