Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Brian McCann

Threaded View

Re: Brian McCann

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Hanigan may bounce back, but even if he does he won't have power. The Reds really could use more thump. If I'm Jocketty/Price I need to be a lot farther along that Mes may turn the corner. I like your ideas on lower cost solutions. That strikes me as the more likely route for the Reds to take.

McCann's the Cadillac solution. If one big money team gets interested (and the Yankees certainly could use the guy), his price tag is going to blow up. The Reds probably can't get him. That said, I'm pretty sure he's the free agent who'd have the biggest impact on the Reds' lineup. So, back to what you were saying, who else can give you McCann's kind of pop from behind the plate?
    The Reds could use more thump, but I don't think catcher is the position to search for it. Catching is a position where defense is at a premium. I'd rather have a light-hitting defensive wiz than a declining catcher who was known for his offense, especially at the price tag McCann will demand (possibly more than Molina for some silly reason). An organization like the Reds needs to get "thump" from the corner outfield and infield positions. I'd rather see upgrades at LF and 3B than at catcher.

And where would McCann play in a few years when his knees start to go? He's not playing first.

2. Likes:

joshua (10-24-2013)

Turn Off Ads?