Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Brian McCann

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Brian McCann

Not for nothing, but he's the best power hitting catcher of his generation. Granted he doesn't have Godzilla power. Still, he hits 20+ HR like clockwork. If you had a team that got a .221/.298/.317 line from its catchers, McCann could be a major upgrade. Mind you, that team would need to spend some cash for that upgrade.

Potential downsides of McCann:

- He turns 30 this winter. Catchers wear down and McCann played a ton of innings in his 20s. He's starting to get injured a bit and his numbers have dipped.

- He made $12 million last season. While I think he might come cheaper than that, he's still going to cost money and he might be seeking 4-5 years.

- Carlos Gomez may kill him. I'm not joking about this. If Gomez ever gets to freight train McCann he might not leave much more than a red stain. It's not outside the realm of possibility that Brewers pitchers might be tempted to leave a few in McCann's earhole as well. McCann picked a fight where he might end up a casualty, which is something NL Central teams in particular need to consider.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

cincinnati chili (10-22-2013)

Turn Off Ads?