Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Reds Hire Bryan Price

Re: Report: Reds Hire Bryan Price

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Joey Votto turned down an opportunity to be on tonight.

He hasn't said a peep about the firing or hiring.

I'm not going to read too much into that because I don't remember hearing a lot from Votto from the end of the season until Redsfest most offseasons.

I could be wrong, but he usually doesn't get involved in a lot of the media stuff in the off season. He keeps in touch with a select group of teammates, and likely front office/ coach types.

But I don't see him on ESPN or MLB network pumping himself, or promoting his "brand". I don't think he enjoys that aspect of being famous.

I wouldn't look for him in broadcasting when he is done playing.

2. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (10-23-2013),KittyDuran (10-23-2013),Larkin Fan (10-22-2013),Rockermann (10-23-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Also from listening to the press conference, I get the impression that Price realized what a trainwreck of an organization the Marlins were after he interviewed with them last year.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

Chip R (10-22-2013),HeatherC1212 (10-23-2013)

They call me "chef"

7. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (10-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Trying to figure out what a SABR-minded manager is.

I guess he doesn't bunt, hits his best hitters at the top of the order, and doesn't care about RBIs.

Whatever.
    I guess he's also supposed to create the lineup with the highest OBP first and then in descending order? More or less? Although I guess OPS holds more weight for 3,4? Something like that? Isn't that why Dusty was labeled an idiot with lineups?
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I guess he's also supposed to create the lineup with the highest OBP first and then in descending order? More or less? Although I guess OPS holds more weight for 3,4? Something like that? Isn't that why Dusty was labeled an idiot with lineups?
    No. He's supposed to avoid putting his absolute worst hitters in the first few slots. It's not really complicated.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

11. Likes:

joshua (10-22-2013),Larkin Fan (10-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    No. He's supposed to avoid putting his absolute worst hitters in the first few slots. It's not really complicated.
    No, I think he's supposed to instruct his hitters that the best outcome is a walk.

Second best is a strikeout.

Third is hitting the baseball, given the double play risk and all.

LOL.
    Last edited by Kc61; 10-22-2013 at 10:44 PM.

13. Likes:

Norm Chortleton (10-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post
    I'm not going to read too much into that because I don't remember hearing a lot from Votto from the end of the season until Redsfest most offseasons. I wouldn't look for him in broadcasting when he is done playing.
    Votto will disappear to Canada to never been seen again.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    And leaving baseball fans to ponder if his career really happened or was, in effect, a myth.

They call me "chef"

I swear, if Bryan Price encourages his hitters to hit over .300 with a .400 OBP and 70+ RBIs and 100 runs and 100 walks I am gonna TEAR MY HAIR OUT!!!

17. Likes:

marcshoe (10-22-2013),RedEye (10-22-2013),Wonderful Monds (10-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    For some, you'd think it was as difficult as finding the Higgs boson.

19. Likes:

malcontent (10-22-2013),RedEye (10-22-2013)

If you had $250M, would you live in Canada?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Joey Votto turned down an opportunity to be on tonight.

He hasn't said a peep about the firing or hiring.
    Did we expect him to say something? Heck...he's just the face of the franchise, and the highest paid player on the team under the longest contract.

I get tired of people making excuses for this introvert. I know, I know, "it's not his personality." Well suck it up! The face of the franchise should talk to the home of the Reds 700 wlw when they hire a new manager. It's 5 freaking minutes. What else are you doing? Seriously....your on vacation again in mid October until the first of Feb. Take a 5 minute phone call and say blah, blah, blah about how you like Price, and can't wait until spring training. THIS IS EXPECTED OF YOU.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Did we expect him to say something? Heck...he's just the face of the franchise, and the highest paid player on the team under the longest contract.

I get tired of people making excuses for this introvert. I know, I know, "it's not his personality." Well suck it up! The face of the franchise should talk to the home of the Reds 700 wlw when they hire a new manager. It's 5 freaking minutes. What else are you doing? Seriously....your on vacation again in mid October until the first of Feb. Take a 5 minute phone call and say blah, blah, blah about how you like Price, and can't wait until spring training. THIS IS EXPECTED OF YOU.
    I do expect him to make appearances here and there. Seriously, they need to make him do more than a private signing at Redsfest. But I think his interview after the WC was telling as he did appear saddened and down about the loss.
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

agreed he is clearly not a leader

Turn Off Ads?