Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Reds Hire Bryan Price

Re: Report: Reds Hire Bryan Price

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Glad he is still in the organization but I'm not sure that he is any sort of material upgrade. I guess time will tell.
    Let's revisit this after Chapman's first appearance of 2014.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Gonna miss some good discussion.

See you then.
    Nightengale and Fay don't convince me, but Rosenthal does. Besides, I discuss lots of things I'm not certain about, like Area 51, Bigfoot and UZR.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

4. Likes:

malcontent (10-22-2013)

Churn.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Nightengale and Fay don't convince me, but Rosenthal does. Besides, I discuss lots of things I'm not certain about, like Area 51, Bigfoot and UZR.
    I was hoping you'd come around.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Seriously? I mean, if so, I'm glad. But where are you getting this from? I must have missed something.
    Arroyo said he was a numbers guy. Yada, yada, yada. He is now Theo Beane Maddon.

So is Mack Jenkins going to be the new pitching coach or will it be an outside hire?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I think it's fair to say Dusty was fired so that Price could be hired. Walt seems to be on the same page with Price and the guy has bee an amazing coach.

On top of everything else, the Reds just got a whole lot more SABR.
    They're also going to save a fairly significant chunk of change after next season. I expect Price will be working for near bottom-scale salary. I imagine that helped his case tremendously, given that they'll still be paying Baker next year.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I think it would be funny if opening day includes Cozart batting second and about 4 sac bunts. Maybe I missed it, but I feel like we don't really know anything about Price's managing style.

And who is the pitching coach now? I'm sure Price will still have some influence, but doesn't this leave another gaping hole?

11. Likes:

edabbs44 (10-21-2013),jimbo (10-21-2013),REDREAD (10-22-2013),reds44 (10-21-2013),Revering4Blue (10-22-2013)

Are there managers who actually do rank as a material upgrade? I mean, given all the uncertainty about what difference they actually make?
    Agreed. I think that managers have a lot more downside potential than upside.

Seriously? I mean, if so, I'm glad. But where are you getting this from? I must have missed something.
    Hiring my dog would have made the team more SABR than Baker.

14. Likes:

malcontent (10-22-2013),mole44 (10-22-2013),RedEye (10-21-2013),redsfandan (10-22-2013),smixsell (10-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Arroyo said he was a numbers guy. Yada, yada, yada. He is now Theo Beane Maddon.
    Wonder if those numbers can help them not crap the bed when the pressure's on?

16. Likes:

REDREAD (10-22-2013)

No complaints here. I think Price will do a good job.

So now we turn our attention to the vacant pitching and likely hitting coach positions.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Too lazy to look it up but I've always been under the impression he was SABR-minded.
    I haven't been able to find anything to back up your impression -- and I've been researching for all of 10 minutes now on The Google!

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    And who is the pitching coach now? I'm sure Price will still have some influence, but doesn't this leave another gaping hole?
    I imagine Mack Jenkins will be promoted to pitching coach and a new assistant pitching coach will be hired.

I think it was the expected move. It'd be nice if we can find a pitching coach as good to replace him.

Turn Off Ads?