Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Reds Hire Bryan Price

Re: Report: Reds Hire Bryan Price

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I have no opinion on Berry, but they could always move him into the front office to count paper clips.
    I wondered if they would do something similar to that anyway. Basically the announced reasoning would be "so he can stay in Cincinnati instead of travelin"

2. Turn Off Ads?
    "So Fla Red"

I have no opinion on Berry, but they could always move him into the front office to count paper clips.
    I thought that was Bavasi's job. Prepare for many boxes of paperclips to be thrown out at the home desk.

Maybe he could be a parking attendant in charge of holding up custom made stop signs even when the traffic lanes are clear...

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...-for-our-team/

“He does reach out to each player, I guess I can speak for everyone on the team that he does have relationships and he values each relationship. Even if he doesn’t coach you directly, you respect him for the way he goes about his business and the way he handles his job.”

“He’s prepared. He’s as prepared as any person I’ve ever seen, professionally or even not professionally. I believe preparation leads to a lot of success and that’s why I think he’ll be successful. Bryan, he demands preparation. He demands consistency. I’ve seen that from the outside, how he handles his pitchers.”

“He’s a guy that’s progressive and will do everything in his power to get the most out of our team. I think he’s done enough to earn the respect of all of our players over the last four years.”

“I respect him as a person and I imagine the people he brings in will be of the same level of preparation and he’ll expect and demand the same things that he does.”

5. Likes:

Larkin Fan (10-22-2013)

It's great that they had the perfect guy for the job just sitting there in the dugout.

Walt needs a no brainer move so he can focus on fixing the roster.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

7. Likes:

mdccclxix (10-22-2013),Mitri (10-22-2013)

Never believed the Jim Riggleman rumors, Reds just floated that to the media so the fans would be relieved by Price rather than disappointed that a big name wasn't coming in.

I thought Berry was a pretty decent 3B coach. You don't really notice them until you have a bad one. There was a point in the late 90s where they had Joel Youngblood out there, and remember him being indecisive and had guys getting thrown out, or staying when they should have gone, etc.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

10. Likes:

757690 (10-22-2013),BCubb2003 (10-22-2013),HeatherC1212 (10-22-2013)

I wonder if our resident baseball card creator can create a REds Mgr. card for Bryan? I was thinking 89 Topps would be good. This is the only Price card I found on a quick google search:

Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
    Reds.com will likely carry it
    It will be on cincinnatireds.com. MLB Network just announced it will also carry it live.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I thought Berry was a pretty decent 3B coach. You don't really notice them until you have a bad one.
    I believe that I noticed him too much, then.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I believe that I noticed him too much, then.
    I didn't like Chris Speier out there as much. Remember Berry was only back for the last few weeks in September.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

15. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (10-22-2013)

Fox Sports Ohio will also be carrying the 3pm press conference.

I am curious as to what effect, if any, the Price hiring will have on a number of the pitching decisions to be made. The potential transition of Chapman to starter has been discussed, but I wonder if Price being hired will influence the team's ability to extend Latos, Bailey, (and if they so desire) Arroyo.
    Xavier University Football - undefeated since 1973

18. Likes:

757690 (10-22-2013)

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...ss-conference/

Online link to live press conference

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I'd love some info about the press conference, please (for those of us stuck at work).

It's all I can think of when I see Walt and Bob sitting together.

22. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (10-22-2013),Larkin Fan (10-22-2013),Raisor (10-22-2013),RedEye (10-22-2013),Tom Servo (10-22-2013)

Turn Off Ads?