Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Report: Reds Hire Bryan Price

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Re: Report: Reds Hire Bryan Price

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    This, in a nutshell, is probably why pitching coaches have rarely made the transition to manager.

Pitching coaches are, by nature, micromanagers. They focus on little things in the delivery and the little details of scouting reports. Their world consists of hand motions, leg kicks, and release points.

My main worry with Price, as a former pitching coach, is that there DOES occasionally need to be a mentality of "we've got 161 more of these left to play" when you're talking about being responsible for hitting and fielding issues (things that don't get fixed with a mechanical tweak or an extra bullpen session) as well.

I'm confident, though, that a guy as smart as he seems should be able to understand this difference.
    I'd say if you know this, Price knows this.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    I'd say if you know this, Price knows this.
    I don't think you can assume he does know this. Some people are like the hammers who only see the world as nails. Never assume self-awareness.

4. Likes:

mattfeet (10-29-2013)

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Great hire, probably one of the best moves this administration has done, not much else to say about it. Just hope we can fill his former position with someone even close to as good.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

More in depth stuff on Aroldis and Phillips from Bryan Price. All positive stuff:

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmsport...rice-on-future

Sounds like he'd prefer keeping Phillips. Of course that would involve Phillips following the new team concept.

Turn Off Ads?