Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: who should they bring in as hitting coach?

Re: who should they bring in as hitting coach?

I think the last two drafts are a possible sign of a culture change in that regard though. With Winker, Meijas-Brean, Ervin, having better discipline and strikezone judgement.

They will still draft the high upside power prospect, but all teams do, because if one hits, then you could have a star.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Good question Icehole wish I knew. But I think firing Jacoby and expecting his teacher (Jaramillo) to be even a possible replacement is wishful thinking on alot of our parts (myself included). Guess it depends on how close those 2 were/are.

But if not Jaramillo I would go for someone in the Cards organization, they understand as an organization what it means to have a smart PA IMO. I also would like to suggest the guy who helped out Heisey and Sappelt in our very own minor league system, is it Ryan Jackson? I realize those 2 guys I mentioned haven't set the world on fire at the major league level but Jackson managed to get both of them to make much needed adjustments which got them over humps & to the show! Seems like he gets some things and can communicate well at least, that's a good start.

All that said it's good to know our new Mgr. understands what a good PA is and furthermore understands that those areas require real tangible work more than any other area according to his recent quotes and the Jamie Ramsey interviews.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 10-29-2013 at 12:14 AM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Just heard the White Sox are hiring Oakland coach as their new hitting coach because of his emphasis on OBP and Sox having too many swing and miss hitters last year. Jealous.

Turn Off Ads?