Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Are you happy with the hire?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • 143 95.33%
  • 7 4.67%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bryan Price - Poll

Re: Bryan Price - Poll

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Wasn't the Dusty hiring?

Thanks. I'll be here all day.
    Not sure about a poll, but there was vocal opposition. A lot of it.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Not sure about a poll, but there was vocal opposition. A lot of it.
    I'd actually like to see that thread/poll.

But I figured digging it up wouldn't be appreciated.

Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

There's a whole lot of "I'd rather you shoot me in the face" in the initial "Dusty Baker might be manager thread.

I was just going to quote some negative posts, but there are far too many to do the whole thread justice. My favorite is the idea of a preemptive "Please do not hire Dusty" letter writing campaign.

Here's the whole thread: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62928

There's a quote from a Cubs fan on page 17... you could pretty much play ad-libs with the names and make the post about his tenure with the Reds... minus the ruining young pitchers part.
    Last edited by joshua; 10-23-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post

If there was a :| option I would have voted that.
    Krono, you pessimist!

6. Likes:

KronoRed (10-24-2013)

I agree with the people here who say that Price knows what needs to fixed, the question is, can he actually fix it? I think if manager, bench coach, hitting coach, and pitching coach all change (granted the manager and potentially the pitching coach would be internal promotions), theres enough change that players will definitely be less comfortable (in a good way) come time for the start of the season.
    Just call me Legs

"So Fla Red"

The It's Dusty thread is LOL entertaining - I forgot how great that thread was at the time. M2's comments on page 5 were priceless.

"Put me down as pro-Dusty. Do I think he'd do a good job with the Reds? Not really, but probably only someone who can be successfully non-standard would be able to spur the team to a winning record. Yet the main reason why I'm pro-Dusty is because the complaining about him around here would be spectacular."

Yes. Good hire even if the body language concerns me (on the reds.com video) and the generic chit chat with Jamie was not very inspiring. I remember the swear of becoming an Indians fan and other wailing and gnashing of teeth. Yes, you were right, but we went to the post season two times (I don't count this year), but that had a lot more to do with Walt than The Dust. I hope for the best.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Yes. Good hire even if the body language concerns me (on the reds.com video) and the generic chit chat with Jamie was not very inspiring. I remember the swear of becoming an Indians fan and other wailing and gnashing of teeth. Yes, you were right, but we went to the post season two times (I don't count this year), but that had a lot more to do with Walt than The Dust. I hope for the best.
    You don't like his body language?

Tough crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    119-6. Has there ever been a poll on Redszone so one sided? Even those who aren't outright happy are seemingly willing to give Price a shot and like him as much or better than most of the alternatives. I am happy - I think they got this decision right.
    I'd be careful reading too much into the poll results. They are more proof that Raisor's recent mind control experiments have been very successful than a gauge of how wise the decision to hire Price was....errrrrrrr..... The poll is just as you suggest...Raisor is master. Raisor is master. Bow before mighty Raisor.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

12. Likes:

Chip R (10-24-2013),Raisor (10-24-2013)

Turn Off Ads?