Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Interesting quotes from Mike Leake...

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Re: Interesting quotes from Mike Leake...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Reds Fan View Post
    And I love the way he competes at the plate and on base. Cingrani is the same way.
    I agree, those two guys really help themselves (and the team) that way.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    I hate to say this because you had a long and we'll thought out post but I think you've missed the point of my post.

I was debating with another poster about situational hitting. Go back and read the thread if you'd like. I feel that the Reds sacrifice too much. My point is that situational hitting is not the cure of what ails the Reds. Upgrading the lineup is the cure
    I just tried to say, probably poorly, that simply re-ordering the bats is not likely going to turn this anemic lineup around. I don't see the lineup gain double digit points in BA or OBP just because they are somewhere else in the lineup. If Price thinks the talent level is right, then he needs to adjust the batting culture. Outside of the top four guys towards the end of the season, I'm not committed that the Reds have the mix right.

Adjusting the lineup IMO will just optimize the reds opportunity to score not fix the streaky batting problem.

4. Likes:

Dwarftree (10-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by PriceIsRight View Post
    At least he has a ridiculous skill that could produce runs, unlike many of the guys who were in the lineup this year hitting at that clip.
    If he isn't getting on base at a reasonable clip, he is clearly a liability, regardless of his speed.

jvs

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    I just tried to say, probably poorly, that simply re-ordering the bats is not likely going to turn this anemic lineup around. I don't see the lineup gain double digit points in BA or OBP just because they are somewhere else in the lineup. If Price thinks the talent level is right, then he needs to adjust the batting culture. Outside of the top four guys towards the end of the season, I'm not committed that the Reds have the mix right.

Adjusting the lineup IMO will just optimize the reds opportunity to score not fix the streaky batting problem.
    I totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJim11 View Post
    or bruce could get an extra base hit. he led, or nearly led, the league in extra base hits.
    Even nearly leading the league in doubles, he could only manage a 486 slug%. Barely 20th in the league. This team is more than a couple of players away from still playing.

Votto is the biggest disappointment, for me, this year. His approach at the plate was like he was leading off rather than batting third. Weird.

I guess you think his 2012 season was pretty terrible too.

Turn Off Ads?