Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: World Series Discussion

Re: World Series Discussion

I was wrong. Joe Buck didn't keep bringing up Betran's catch. He kept bringing up the overturned call, constantlly implying that's why the Cards lost.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    John Henry out kicked his punt coverage in the wife department? Whoodathunkit?
    She's 35 and he 64. Met them both a couple of years ago at CMS. He's my age and she's close to my sons age. Must be the $$$
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    She's 35 and he 64. Met them both a couple of years ago at CMS. He's my age and she's close to my sons age. Must be the $$$
    Nah, sure its true love and his large pocket - books.

Also was Datdude tweeting her during the game

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    It doesn't hurt when you're rich as Croesus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    It doesn't hurt when you're rich as Croesus.
    True. Randy Newman once wrote a song (not "I Love LA") that addressed this--"It's Money That Matters". Nice folks. Henry is shy, she's not.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Lester became the first pitcher to go 7 scoreless in Game 1 of the World Series since our good friend, Jose Rijo in 1990

8. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (10-24-2013),The Operator (10-24-2013)

99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Last night my wife, who grew up in Boston and basically only watches baseball at this time of the year and if the Red Sox are in the series commented over and over how stupid the commentary was. She was amazed at the nonsense that continually came out of Buck and especially, McCarver.
    Where we gonna go?

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Boston has now won 9 World Series games in a row. Pretty amazing. I would like to see it get to 12...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Last night my wife, who grew up in Boston and basically only watches baseball at this time of the year and if the Red Sox are in the series commented over and over how stupid the commentary was. She was amazed at the nonsense that continually came out of Buck and especially, McCarver.
    Don't know if it was mentioned in this thread already, but McCarver guffawing about the David Ross line "that HR should have had a flight attendant on it" annoyed me more than anything else that bozo said all night. Has he honestly never seen Bull Durham?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Cardinals fans seem to think Jon Lester cheated.

http://bustedcoverage.com/2013/10/24...n-his-fingers/

I think they still gave up 8 runs.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 10-24-2013 at 09:32 AM.

14. Likes:

M2 (10-24-2013)

I do not have time to read all the pages to see if it has been mentioned, but I think that we have a new Mr. October.

The media can do all the coverage they want with Beltran, yes he has been pretty good for the Cards this postseason and for other teams in postseasons past. But it is unbelievable how clutch Ortiz has been for the Red Sox. Dude always seems to come through right when they need him too. Nearly had another GS last night, was robbed and came back and hit a 2 run HR.
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

16. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (10-24-2013),joshua (10-24-2013),TSJ55 (10-24-2013)

BTW, it took most Red Sox fans all of one game to go from "Cardinals who?" to "Shut those whiners up!" That's with me cleaning up the language, of course.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

18. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (10-24-2013),joshua (10-24-2013),Tom Servo (10-24-2013)

I don't think here's a such thing as being clutch...for 99.9% of players. But Papi is clutch in October.

Napoli is for that matter too. Man, what an awesome signing for the Sox.

And to think all the heat their front office took for extending Papi a few years back, and then again this offseason signing Napoli, Gomes and Victorino. Hard to believe they were a last place team last year and many said they'd get worse after the trade to LA. People were already begging for Tito/Theo to come back and thought Cherrington was ruining the team.
    Last edited by joshua; 10-24-2013 at 09:45 AM.

20. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-24-2013)

If anyone out there is a Cardinal fan who, fairly or not, has a reputation for only coming on here during the good times for STL...it might be good form to at least pop on here for a post or two on days like this.

Turn Off Ads?