Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 79 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: World Series Discussion

Re: World Series Discussion

And now for our latest episode of Bad Defense Theater ...

This World Series is starting to remind me of the 1997 Marlins vs. Indians anti-classic.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    And now for our latest episode of Bad Defense Theater ...

This World Series is starting to remind me of the 1997 Marlins vs. Indians anti-classic.
    Or the 2011 blooper reel Series. What do these two have in common?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Matheny rolls the dice and wins.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Since everyone here likes to bring up the fact that the Reds passed on Wacha.... I wonder if the Red Sox are feeling a bit of remorse for not sticking with Martinez and letting the Cards scoop him up.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    That inning would have gone better if Lackey would've put one in Beltran's ribs in his first AB like he should have.

So three rookie pitchers just helped the Cards avoid their #1 World Series nightmare... Getting swept against and becoming the third team in a row that Boston swept in the World Series. Now they hope to avoid #2 World Series nightmare... Watching them celebrate at Busch again.

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    So three rookie pitchers just helped the Cards avoid their #1 World Series nightmare... Getting swept against and becoming the third team in a row that Boston swept in the World Series. Now they hope to avoid #2 World Series nightmare... Watching them celebrate at Busch again.
    That won't happen. Cards will win 2 of 3 in St. Louis. Whoever wins this thing will celebrate in Beantown.

I think Boston takes the next two. Cardinals will have to win games around Lester and that's not going to happen. I also think the Sox will be ready for Wacha next time around.

I think Boston takes the next two. Cardinals will have to win games around Lester and that's not going to happen. I also think the Sox will be ready for Wacha next time around.
    I think the league will be ready for Wacha the next time around.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

11. Likes:

joshua (10-25-2013),traderumor (10-25-2013)

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I think this is dependent on the development of his curve ball. If he refines that pitch into a slightly above average offering I think he can be an ace. Throw in a cutter to his repertoire and he could be utterly dominant.

You never know about these phenoms. Most crash to earth, but some don't. Wacha does have a sound foundation...good fastball, change.

14. Likes:

SporkLover (10-25-2013)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    Since everyone here likes to bring up the fact that the Reds passed on Wacha.... I wonder if the Red Sox are feeling a bit of remorse for not sticking with Martinez and letting the Cards scoop him up.
    No doubt, they have to be.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Definitely a kid that I'm going to keep an eye on. He's got plus offerings on fast ball and changeups... two pitches that can keep a batter's rhythm fooled. If he brings that curve average to above or plus, or his cutter from below to above average and he has quite the arsenal. The amazing thing is that he's developed an average curve ball fairly quickly, when he debuted in May he was a two pitch guy.

One thing is for sure... eventually he is going to have to hone his Curve and breaking skills because a fireball arm is not going to last forever.... once you start losing velocity you are going to have to rely on finesse.

17. Likes:

Weren't people saying that the second time that he faced the Dodgers?

I see Boston having a lot of trouble the next two games. Buckholtz is almost a shell of his former self and Boston doesn't know what they're going to get from him in game 4. Peavy seems really beatable. Kelly has been pretty consistent so I think the Cards have an advantage in game 3. Game 4 is a crapshoot because Lynn can have one of those games where he pitches brilliantly or looks like a lost puppy on the mound. I think St. Louis wins 2 out of 3 in St. Louis. Plus Boston is somewhat at a disadvantage with no DH. Napoli is probably going to have to sit.

EDIT: I guess Napoli could technically catch but that seems very dangerous considering he hasn't caught an inning all year long.
    Last edited by MikeThierry; 10-25-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    EDIT: I guess Napoli could technically catch but that seems very dangerous considering he hasn't caught an inning all year long.
    Napoli has avascular necrosis of his hip joints. His catching career is over.

Turn Off Ads?