Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 79 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: World Series Discussion

Re: World Series Discussion

If I'm running the Red Sox, Jon Lester pitches game 4. They've got an ace who is on and the World Series is put your foot on that gas pedal.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Chip R (10-25-2013),joshua (10-25-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    I think this is dependent on the development of his curve ball. If he refines that pitch into a slightly above average offering I think he can be an ace. Throw in a cutter to his repertoire and he could be utterly dominant.
    I'd say this is true of any major league pitcher.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    Definitely a kid that I'm going to keep an eye on. He's got plus offerings on fast ball and changeups... two pitches that can keep a batter's rhythm fooled. If he brings that curve average to above or plus, or his cutter from below to above average and he has quite the arsenal. The amazing thing is that he's developed an average curve ball fairly quickly, when he debuted in May he was a two pitch guy.

One thing is for sure... eventually he is going to have to hone his Curve and breaking skills because a fireball arm is not going to last forever.... once you start losing velocity you are going to have to rely on finesse.
    Two things will determine Wacha's success going forward.

1. How well he adjusts to the league's adjustment to him. Many new, young pitchers start off strong, simply because they are unknown. The league then figures them out, and adjusts. The good pitchers adjust to the adjustment, and so on.

2. His command. He's been able to get hitters to swing at his pitches, but the second time through the order, the Red Sox were laying off his "out" pitches. Wacha started walking guys then, and grooving other pitches. He's going to need better command if hitters are laying off his "out" pitches.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    Napoli has avascular necrosis of his hip joints. His catching career is over.
    Don't forget the Labrum tear he suffered (and recovered from) would give him pain in the Catchers crouch if he does it for too long.

Boston better hope that Big Papi can dig and field first as well as Napoli. Last night the infielders had him digging for catches and he made them.

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I'd say this is true of any major league pitcher.
    I disagree. He is 22. Still has a lot of room to develop and many veterans around him to help him do so. Also, most pitchers in the MLB don't have even one pitch as good as Wacha's fastball and change up.

Thanks for pointing out the injuries to Napoli because I completely forgot about why he's no longer catching. Since there is really no chance of him and Papi getting in the starting lineup in the same game, the advantage goes to St. Louis.

Unless he is a freak like Verlander (similar mechanics) Wacha is TJ waiting to happen with that motion of his.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Unless he is a freak like Verlander (similar mechanics) Wacha is TJ waiting to happen with that motion of his.
    I agree. I said something similar after his near no-hitter against the Nationals and I got chastised by some Redszoners.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    I agree. I said something similar after his near no-hitter against the Nationals and I got chastised by some Redszoners.
    You could say the sky is blue and get chastised by some redszoners

Although I suppose if one lives in Cleveland or Toledo the sky is not blue most of the year.

Great. He'll take a year off then come back and throw even harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

13. Likes:

malcontent (10-25-2013)

Isn't that almost true of any pitcher now that they're a TJ surgery waiting to happen? It seems like almost every pitcher has one now and a good chunk of them give their teams representative performance after it's done.

If Wacha turns out to falter in the future and needs TJ, it doesn't matter. What he has given the Cardinals this year in the playoffs was worth it and I'm sure he feels the same way.

You could say the sky is blue and get chastised by some redszoners

Although I suppose if one lives in Cleveland or Toledo the sky is not blue most of the year.
    It was gray here today.

16. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (10-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    It was gray here today.

HAHA! I was waiting for someone to post a GIF of this.

HAHA! I was waiting for someone to post a GIF of this.
    I just don't get what ARod was doing at the game.

Elbows can be fixed. I wouldnt be scared of any TJ issues.... shoulder issues are the injuries that will prematurely end a pitchers career. Or at least constantly rob them of playing time until their careers end.

If I am the Mets I feel much better about Matt Harvey than the Red Sox feel about Clay Buchholz who looks like he might start down the Chris Carpenter path.

Turn Off Ads?