Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 79 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread: World Series Discussion

Re: World Series Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    That is how the Cardinals win. Technicalities. Phantom infield fly calls. BS umpire judgements.

Ugh.
    Dude, I'm not happy about the result, but that was an easy call to make. If Craig doesn't get tripped, he scores easily. The Red Sox need to stop throwing the ball around like little leaguers.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Why they didn't walk Jay, I'll never know. Would have been a force at home at least and probably a DP.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

4. Likes:

M2 (10-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Since when do runners round third and cut back toward the infield grass?
    And how is Middlebrooks supposed to account for this while he's lying on the ground?! "Oh, Craig might take some bizarre route to home plate for no reason. Better crawl six feet within the next half second!"

6. Likes:

joshua (10-27-2013),redsfandan (10-27-2013)

Good point earlier. If Craig is not impeded in anyway, he scores right?

The call wasn't bad. Not sure it was appropriate for the last play of a World Series game, but I can see why it was called.

The Red Sox have no one to blame but themselves. It never should have gotten this far. Really poor managing by Farrell. This doesn't speak well of Price's managering skill if this is what to expect from pitching coaches turned manager.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

9. Likes:

Hoosier Red (10-27-2013)

If Middlebrooks is laying on top of the baseline, I get that. He was completely inside the baseline. That should matter.
    Aren't the base running lanes three feet inside and outside.

If Middlebrooks is laying on top of the baseline, I get that. He was completely inside the baseline. That should matter.
    The runner does not have to stay in the baseline in that situation. The runner could have rounded third, been say 8 feet in foul territory and if the same instance happened its still obstruction.

Your focusing to much on basepath when its the route the runner takes that matters.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    And how is Middlebrooks supposed to account for this while he's lying on the ground?! "Oh, Craig might take some bizarre route to home plate for no reason. Better crawl six feet within the next half second!"
    He gotta tumble on that play.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    Aren't the base running lanes three feet inside and outside.
    Only if avoiding a tag.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Salukifan2

That's not the right way to win, though I'll take it obviously. I think this is shaping to go 7 games. I hope this is great series for baseball.

Go cards!

I didn't see any "out of the baseline" path by Craig there. I think the interference caused him to stumble to the infield side of the line, making it appear worse than it was.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The call wasn't bad. Not sure it was appropriate for the last play of a World Series game, but I can see why it was called.

The Red Sox have no one to blame but themselves. It never should have gotten this far. Really poor managing by Farrell. This doesn't speak well of Price's managering skill if this is what to expect from pitching coaches turned manager.
    Bryan Price sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post

The Red Sox just need to stop throwing to third base.

In 2006, didn't the Tigers pitchers make a few wild throws? The Cards seem to get pretty lucky in this respect.

18. Likes:

Ironman92 (10-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    The runner does not have to stay in the baseline in that situation. The runner could have rounded third, been say 8 feet in foul territory and if the same instance happened its still obstruction.

Your focusing to much on basepath when its the route the runner takes that matters.
    Even if he blatantly takes the base path that Middlebrooks is obstructing? Which isn't even the natural baseline for good measure.

Call may be technically right, but a cheap, cheap win in every sense of the word.

20. Likes:

joshua (10-27-2013),Wonderful Monds (10-27-2013)

Cards fans can stop complaining about 1985 now. I think they're even with the umps.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

22. Likes:

757690 (10-27-2013)

Turn Off Ads?