Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 79 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: World Series Discussion

Re: World Series Discussion

clay was dealin'

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Jonny Gomes walked twice in the same game.
    Gomes actually walks quite a bit now, about 12% over the last 3 years, or about 72 in 600 PA's.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Wong deserves a lot of credit for standing at his locker despondent, taking a lot of hard questions. I'm still not sure he understands his role in that situation. He talked about getting a good lead so he could score on a double in the gap. Whaaaa? His run doesn't mean anything. His out means everything.
    It amazes me that many major league players still don't get this. But you see comments like this all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    I didn't hear that crew tonight, but I was stuck at work for games 2 and 3 and I thought Shulman and Hershiser were very good in those games.
    Shulman is OK (though he's no Jon Miller). Hershiser is an idiot who once said on the air that gravity pulls on a curveball harder than a fastball. (Orel must have skipped physics class at BGSU.)
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Shulman is OK (though he's no Jon Miller). Hershiser is an idiot who once said on the air that gravity pulls on a curveball harder than a fastball. (Orel must have skipped physics class at BGSU.)
    Yeah, I love Jon Miller. Every time we play the Giants I try to listen to Miller.
    numbersinthereds.blogspot.com I actually made a post on 7/24/14. I promise.

I can understand why people on here are rooting for the Red Sox. The Cards are a Reds rival and there is a pretty hostile relationship which has developed.

But for those of us who were around (and focusing) in 1975, the Reds/Red Sox World Series was a fairly bitter event. Lots of inflammatory quotes as I recall. There was no love lost.

And now all the media focus on Game 6 of that Series, doesn't sit well with me. How about Game 7?

I usually root NL in the Series, this time I'm not watching too much and have no dog in the hunt.

My main hope is that it ends soon so I can find out the Reds' coaching staff and player transactions.
    Last edited by Kc61; 10-28-2013 at 08:46 AM.

8. Likes:

marcshoe (10-28-2013), mth123 (10-29-2013), redsmetz (10-28-2013)

Give me seven games, we have all winter to worry about what the Reds will do with their coaches.

More baseball please.

10. Likes:

blumj (10-28-2013), joshua (10-28-2013), mbgrayson (10-28-2013), reds1869 (10-28-2013), RedsBrick (10-28-2013), Revering4Blue (10-28-2013), Rojo (10-28-2013), Roy Tucker (10-28-2013)

This series has been terrible. I just want to end so we can move on with the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Wong deserves a lot of credit for standing at his locker despondent, taking a lot of hard questions. I'm still not sure he understands his role in that situation. He talked about getting a good lead so he could score on a double in the gap. Whaaaa? His run doesn't mean anything. His out means everything.
    Exactly. The blame must go to the entire coaching staff and his teammates. I would think that one of them would have impressed on the kid before he trotted out there what the situation was.

His head was probably spinning from his good job in the previous game. This kid is a rookie in the World Series! Grab him by his shoulders, shake him, look him in the eyes and TELL him his role!

.727/.800/1.375/.2.175

Those are Papi's numbers in the series so far. I doubt he sees another pitch unless he's up with bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    .727/.800/1.375/.2.175

Those are Papi's numbers in the series so far. I doubt he sees another pitch unless he's up with bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth.
    Nah, Boston radio guys keep assuring me he'll get plenty to hit once they get back to Boston and Napoli's back in the lineup. Except Lou Merloni, who just giggles whenever the other guys start talking like that.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

I still do not understand why Saltala...or salty.....threw that ball to 3B when the runner was basically already sliding in to the bag. Still a bad play and that obstruction thing? What are you going to do. Cannot read true intent unless the guy is blatant about obstructing someone...so you have that rule in there to avoid that.

How about Oquendo for Bench Coach? Anyone throw that out yet for the reds?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I still do not understand why Saltala...or salty.....threw that ball to 3B when the runner was basically already sliding in to the bag. Still a bad play and that obstruction thing? What are you going to do. Cannot read true intent unless the guy is blatant about obstructing someone...so you have that rule in there to avoid that.

How about Oquendo for Bench Coach? Anyone throw that out yet for the reds?
    He's a Cardinal lifer. Can't see him making a lateral-ish move to the Reds.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I'm surprised he believes in gravity. Wasn't he one of those radical fundamentalists when he was pitching for the Dodgers?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

There are not words to express how much I hated Hershiser when he was a player. And I love him as a broadcaster. Go figure. I learn something about pitching every single time I listen to him.

19. Likes:

Screwball (10-29-2013)

Turn Off Ads?