Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Walt interview (with Cunningham)

Re: Walt interview (with Cunningham)

http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/2013/...-staff-update/

Without going into specifics, Jocketty said that the interviews of potential hires have begun.

“We’re still meeting and I’m still in Arizona doing that,” Jocketty said. “Hopefully by next week, we’ll have some decisions on guys and have a better idea of where we’re at with our staff.”

The off-season priority list for additions hasn’t really been made yet as the coaching staff remains ahead on the to-do list. Jocketty wants Price and the staff involved in talks of potential moves. Jocketty will remain in Arizona until the GM meetings begin on Monday in Orlando.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    I hear he's he headed for total knee replacement after that horrific injury he had. Unlike Peterson he will never ever recover from it.
    First of all, Peterson didn't have a total knee replacement. I don't think any active athlete ever has. Joe Namath had both knees done after his playing days.

Secondly, where did you hear that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    First of all, Peterson didn't have a total knee replacement. I don't think any active athlete ever has. Joe Namath had both knees done after his playing days.

Fernando Tatis' twitter account posted a picture that describes what this poster is trying to do.

"If you try to troll me, you will get the hammer" -Fernando Tatis 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

5. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (11-05-2013),kbrake (11-05-2013),Norm Chortleton (11-05-2013),Tom Servo (11-12-2013)

" The off-season priority list for additions hasn’t really been made yet as the coaching staff remains ahead on the to-do list. Jocketty wants Price and the staff involved in talks of potential moves. Jocketty will remain in Arizona until the GM meetings begin on Monday in Orlando."

Other teams are planning to improve and soon. I have a feeling that by the time the Reds get settled and are ready to make improving the actual team a priority, they'll be Left sifting through the rubble of players available while having two good left handed hitters and a ton of nothing else in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post

Other teams are planning to improve and soon. I have a feeling that by the time the Reds get settled and are ready to make improving the actual team a priority, they'll be Left sifting through the rubble of players available while having two good left handed hitters and a ton of nothing else in the lineup.
    Most accurate prediction of the offseason I have seen since the season ended.

2014 Reds roster is going to be the same as 2013 minus Arroyo and Choo plus Jason Borgeoius.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post

Now I hear he's headed for amputation above the knee, and will get a blade like Oscar Pistorious. He should be faster, but now I'm a little worried about his girlfriend...

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Now I hear he's headed for amputation above the knee, and will get a blade like Oscar Pistorious. He should be faster, but now I'm a little worried about his girlfriend...
    No way this can be true.

We all know Joey doesn't have a girlfriend.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/cin/...&vkey=news_cin

ORLANDO, Fla. -- When the season ended, Reds general manager Walt Jocketty was left with one bitter, lingering thought.

"I just felt like we'd underachieved and that we were better than we played the last month of the season, especially the last few weeks," he said.

They seemed to have enough talent to win a championship. During stretches, they played like a championship team. But when the pressure was cranked up and the bright lights turned on, they were unable to deliver.

"It's frustrating," Jocketty said. "That's certainly a good word. One of these [last] two years, we should have gone farther than we did."

He knew Price as a smart, driven man, a man of ideas, a man who might just bring an extra touch of urgency to the clubhouse. Price had a formal interview with Jocketty and his staff, and then he met with Reds owner Bob Castellini.

Search over.

"I was so impressed with him and our owner was that we didn't see any reason to go any further," Jocketty said. "It's his leadership. It's his preparation. He's a very smart guy. He has a way of expressing himself and telling guys exactly what their roles are and how to prepare for 'em. I think that's what our guys are looking for. We just need a little different direction in how we approach things."

The Reds will be different in other ways in 2014. They may still be good enough to win a championship, but Jocketty has some work to do and some decisions to make.

First, there's that rotation. Even with right-hander Bronson Arroyo probably leaving via free agency, Jocketty has five solid starters: Homer Bailey, Johnny Cueto, Mat Latos, Mike Leake and Tony Cingrani.

In first baseman Joey Votto, he has one of the 10 best players in the National League. Right-fielder Jay Bruce isn't far behind.

Turn Off Ads?