Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Phillips to KC???

Re: Phillips to KC???

The Phillips for Gordon proposal sounded preposterous so I had to look up Gordon's stats this year. After a huge 2011 and 2012, he had a poor 2013. Its was similarish to Phillips 2013. I still don't think the Royals would trade him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Quit it JoJo...made me spit coffee
    the thought of BB in CF....
    I won't sleep
    I thought he was thinking about this guy...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...utlebr01.shtml

4. Likes:

Reds&BuckeyeGuy (10-28-2013)

Alex Gordon has long been a pipe dream trade target of mine, but it just ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    I thought he was thinking about this guy...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...utlebr01.shtml
    Maybe it was Rhett Butler. (okay, for all you youngsters out there, he was the male lead character in Gone With The Wind, played by Clark Gable)

7. Likes:

Old school 1983 (10-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Reds Fan View Post
    Maybe it was Rhett Butler. (okay, for all you youngsters out there, he was the male lead character in Gone With The Wind, played by Clark Gable)
    No, it was Brett Butler who played for the Braves and Dodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    No, it was Brett Butler who played for the Braves and Dodgers.
    Well ORF - that one flew over the age limit...(but I gotcha)
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

They call me "chef"

Kim Kardashian?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Reds Fan View Post
    Didnt Clarke Gable play first base for the Giants?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Phillips and Ondrusek for Aaron Crow and the Bonafacio brothers. Emilio would be a nice bench player who could be a fall back at 2B depending on who else is acquired. Crow would fit in the pen with Hoover and Lecure to allow a Chapman deal or a move to the rotation to backfill for Bailey if he's dealt. Money freed up would go toward a big bat for elsewhere (Choo please). Jorge Bonafacio would be another top OF prospect in the Reds system.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Didnt Clarke Gable play first base for the Giants?
    Yeah, I think he was being punished by Louis B. Mayer. He really should have been only a DH.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Yeah that is why I added the explanation. Apparently some still didn't get the joke.

No, that was Jack Nicholson.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

16. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-28-2013),Falcon7 (10-28-2013),Old school 1983 (10-27-2013),RedlegJake (10-27-2013),Reds&BuckeyeGuy (10-29-2013),Wonderful Monds (10-27-2013)

The Royals take BP's contract and send us Kyle Zimmer and we'll call it even 😁
    In all seriousness, I wonder if they'd be willing to give up on Bubba Starling yet, not that we have a huge OF need in the minors.

Other than Gordon I don't see anything on KC's team I want. If the Reds trade with them, it better be a three way deal where they get something from another team.

The Reds and Phillips need to kiss and makeup. He didn't have that down of a year and is an awesome 2B. Living in Texas, I watch a lot of Profar and he will be a good hitter. What was he 20 years old. I really hope the Rangers keep him and I doubbt they would trade him for Phillips with Kinsler at 2B.

20. Likes:

REDREAD (10-30-2013),XU Lou (11-06-2013)

Turn Off Ads?