Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joey Votto Vs. Miguel Cabrera

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Re: Joey Votto Vs. Miguel Cabrera

Quote Originally Posted by GADawg View Post
    i'm sure someone will point out that this belongs somewhere else but speaking of comparisons I keep wondering why McCutcheon is the front runner for the MVP and Votto is barely mentioned....looking at their raw numbers they weren't all that different
    Because baserunning and defense are also significant parts of the game. Votto is an average 1B and average at best baserunner. McCutchen is a solid CF and plus baserunner. That's a pretty big edge in production that's not going to show up in their batting lines.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Thunderdome thunderdome thunderdome
    Cincinnati Reds 2014 W-L Record: 76.6-85.4*

Cincinnati Reds 2015 W-L Record: TBA

*UPDATED: 2/11/2014

So that is basically saying that Votto doesn't swing enough? Can't really argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by GADawg View Post
    i'm sure someone will point out that this belongs somewhere else but speaking of comparisons I keep wondering why McCutcheon is the front runner for the MVP and Votto is barely mentioned....looking at their raw numbers they weren't all that different
    McCutchen's contract is 1/4 of Votto's, so he doesn't have unrealistic expectations heaped on him by fans and media

Turn Off Ads?