Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Choo

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Choo

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    If we look at last year, basically Sandoval had .030 more OBP than Frazier, but worse defense. Sure, Sandoval might bounce back, might get in shape, and might get a boost from the GAB, but is that worth paying another 6-8 million for (with less years)? Seems very risky. If we're going to gamble on a bounceback candidate, I'd rather pull Phillips off the trading block and hope his hand was the reason he had a back second half.

I agree, it's unlikely Frasier will ever be a high OBP guy, but an .030 edge is only reaching base 18 more times over 600 ABs.. The defense Frazier gives is worth that hit.
    Sandoval had a 119 OPS+. Frazier had a 96 OPS+.

I'd submit that it isn't Sandoval who needs to "bounce back."

2. Likes:

Old school 1983 (10-25-2013)

Turn Off Ads?