Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 295

Thread: Choo

  1. #241
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South of Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,461

    Re: Choo

    Quote Originally Posted by junkhead View Post
    Would be stunned if Beltran stays in NL with his legs. Needs to be in AL as DH, and Cards have Oscar T ready to come up.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #242
    Member MattyHo4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    3,515

    Re: Choo

    Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Would be stunned if Beltran stays in NL with his legs. Needs to be in AL as DH, and Cards have Oscar T ready to come up.
    I have mixed feelings on Beltran. I would love to see him stay, but Matt Adams and Allen Craig need to be everyday players. Hopefully Oscar T can play Centerfield.

  4. #243
    KungFu Fighter AtomicDumpling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hamilton, OH
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Choo

    Quote Originally Posted by junkhead View Post
    You know what I find shocking? I don't see the Dodgers' logo on that chart anywhere at all...

  5. Likes:

    Old school 1983 (11-03-2013)

  6. #244
    "So Fla Red"
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    South Florida - The Real Humidor
    Posts
    5,067

    Re: Choo

    McCann to Texas looks like a winning slot machine spin.

    Choo to Astros or any AL would be ok given Cincinnati just can't go 100M+ on another deal. My fear is that he ends up as a Cub.

  7. #245
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Back in Florida
    Posts
    8,163

    Re: Choo

    Do the Tigers have that kind of money to throw around?
    They should be tapped out by now.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

    http://dalmady.blogspot.com

  8. #246
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,772

    Re: Choo

    Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Do the Tigers have that kind of money to throw around?
    They should be tapped out by now.
    A related question.

    What are the ramifications of the "Detroit is dying/bankrupt" stuff in regards to Detroits market size (future payroll)?

  9. #247
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    4,513

    Re: Choo

    Nothing, there are many rather large suburbs outside of Detroit as well as sizeable cities within a couple hours (Lansing, Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, Toledo, Grand Rapids, all of northern Michigan, etc.

    Detroit is a gigantic market and the city itself falling apart will not have a negative effect on the team.

  10. #248
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,815

    Re: Choo

    Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Do the Tigers have that kind of money to throw around?
    They should be tapped out by now.
    They keep drawing 3M a year so they are getting good money there.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  11. #249
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    811

    Re: Choo

    Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    McCann to Texas looks like a winning slot machine spin.

    Choo to Astros or any AL would be ok given Cincinnati just can't go 100M+ on another deal. My fear is that he ends up as a Cub.
    I love Choo and what he produced for the Reds. They knew it was a one-yr, all-in gamble when they traded for him. I would think he would land in the AL, also. Any long-term deal that requires him to play defense for the duration would be a mistake. The Reds simply can't afford to make that gamble, imo. As much as I would like to see him back, I just don't think it's going to happen.

  12. Likes:

    Old school 1983 (11-04-2013)

  13. #250
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,554

    Re: Choo

    Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    I love Choo and what he produced for the Reds. They knew it was a one-yr, all-in gamble when they traded for him. I would think he would land in the AL, also. Any long-term deal that requires him to play defense for the duration would be a mistake. The Reds simply can't afford to make that gamble, imo. As much as I would like to see him back, I just don't think it's going to happen.
    Assuming (obviously, no guarantee) that he re-ups with Cincy, I doubt that Choo's time in CF will last until the back -end years of the deal kick in, especially given the possibility (again, no guarantee) that Billy Hamilton assumes control of the situation in CF. In such case, Choo's presumed defensive loss should be minimized in LF.

    Ludwick, if the above situation transpires, becomes an expensive bench bat. Given that -- and I'm taking an out-of -the box approach here -- I have to wonder whether (and I realize that Ludwick hasn't yet spent any time on the MLB level at the position) Ludwick may be used to spell Votto at 1B on the days that Votto rests.

    Ludwick seems, IMO, a much safer bet to rebound than either of the highly-paid relievers, who were also injured for much of last season. It would also seem to improve bench production exponentially.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 11-04-2013 at 02:43 PM.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

  14. Likes:

    Big Klu (11-04-2013)

  15. #251
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    4,513

    Re: Choo

    Choo is in the "going" portion of "going, going, goneeee" right now.

    Ain't happening, might as well start talking about how we are going to replace his 300 times on base.

  16. #252
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Athens, Ohio
    Posts
    352

    Re: Choo

    Question - Since Choo received a Qualifying Offer, will the Reds lose their 1st round pick if they resign him?

  17. #253
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Loveland, OH
    Posts
    3,223

    Re: Choo

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rover View Post
    Question - Since Choo received a Qualifying Offer, will the Reds lose their 1st round pick if they resign him?
    No because if you sign a qualifying offered player, the signing pick goes to the team who tendered the offer so if that was the same team, nothing would occur.

  18. #254
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Athens, Ohio
    Posts
    352

    Re: Choo

    Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    No because if you sign a qualifying offered player, the signing pick goes to the team who tendered the offer so if that was the same team, nothing would occur.
    So, would they still lose their original pick and then be compensated with a later compensatory first-round pick?

  19. #255
    Member SirFelixCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    6,003

    Re: Choo

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rover View Post
    So, would they still lose their original pick and then be compensated with a later compensatory first-round pick?
    No. The point of a QO is to encourage players to stay w/ their teams. So if the Reds re-sign him, nothing happens. If someone else signs him, the Reds get a sandwich pick.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | RedsfaninMT | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25