Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Choo

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Re: Choo

Quote Originally Posted by junkhead View Post
    Would be stunned if Beltran stays in NL with his legs. Needs to be in AL as DH, and Cards have Oscar T ready to come up.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Would be stunned if Beltran stays in NL with his legs. Needs to be in AL as DH, and Cards have Oscar T ready to come up.
    I have mixed feelings on Beltran. I would love to see him stay, but Matt Adams and Allen Craig need to be everyday players. Hopefully Oscar T can play Centerfield.

Quote Originally Posted by junkhead View Post
    You know what I find shocking? I don't see the Dodgers' logo on that chart anywhere at all...

5. Likes:

Old school 1983 (11-03-2013)

"So Fla Red"

McCann to Texas looks like a winning slot machine spin.

Choo to Astros or any AL would be ok given Cincinnati just can't go 100M+ on another deal. My fear is that he ends up as a Cub.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Do the Tigers have that kind of money to throw around?
    They should be tapped out by now.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    A related question.

What are the ramifications of the "Detroit is dying/bankrupt" stuff in regards to Detroits market size (future payroll)?

Nothing, there are many rather large suburbs outside of Detroit as well as sizeable cities within a couple hours (Lansing, Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, Toledo, Grand Rapids, all of northern Michigan, etc.

Detroit is a gigantic market and the city itself falling apart will not have a negative effect on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    They keep drawing 3M a year so they are getting good money there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    McCann to Texas looks like a winning slot machine spin.

Choo to Astros or any AL would be ok given Cincinnati just can't go 100M+ on another deal. My fear is that he ends up as a Cub.
    I love Choo and what he produced for the Reds. They knew it was a one-yr, all-in gamble when they traded for him. I would think he would land in the AL, also. Any long-term deal that requires him to play defense for the duration would be a mistake. The Reds simply can't afford to make that gamble, imo. As much as I would like to see him back, I just don't think it's going to happen.

12. Likes:

Old school 1983 (11-04-2013)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    I love Choo and what he produced for the Reds. They knew it was a one-yr, all-in gamble when they traded for him. I would think he would land in the AL, also. Any long-term deal that requires him to play defense for the duration would be a mistake. The Reds simply can't afford to make that gamble, imo. As much as I would like to see him back, I just don't think it's going to happen.
    Assuming (obviously, no guarantee) that he re-ups with Cincy, I doubt that Choo's time in CF will last until the back -end years of the deal kick in, especially given the possibility (again, no guarantee) that Billy Hamilton assumes control of the situation in CF. In such case, Choo's presumed defensive loss should be minimized in LF.

Ludwick, if the above situation transpires, becomes an expensive bench bat. Given that -- and I'm taking an out-of -the box approach here -- I have to wonder whether (and I realize that Ludwick hasn't yet spent any time on the MLB level at the position) Ludwick may be used to spell Votto at 1B on the days that Votto rests.

Ludwick seems, IMO, a much safer bet to rebound than either of the highly-paid relievers, who were also injured for much of last season. It would also seem to improve bench production exponentially.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 11-04-2013 at 02:43 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

14. Likes:

Big Klu (11-04-2013)

Choo is in the "going" portion of "going, going, goneeee" right now.

Ain't happening, might as well start talking about how we are going to replace his 300 times on base.

Question - Since Choo received a Qualifying Offer, will the Reds lose their 1st round pick if they resign him?

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rover View Post
    Question - Since Choo received a Qualifying Offer, will the Reds lose their 1st round pick if they resign him?
    No because if you sign a qualifying offered player, the signing pick goes to the team who tendered the offer so if that was the same team, nothing would occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    No because if you sign a qualifying offered player, the signing pick goes to the team who tendered the offer so if that was the same team, nothing would occur.
    So, would they still lose their original pick and then be compensated with a later compensatory first-round pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rover View Post
    So, would they still lose their original pick and then be compensated with a later compensatory first-round pick?
    No. The point of a QO is to encourage players to stay w/ their teams. So if the Reds re-sign him, nothing happens. If someone else signs him, the Reds get a sandwich pick.

Turn Off Ads?