Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Choo

Re: Choo

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    No because if you sign a qualifying offered player, the signing pick goes to the team who tendered the offer so if that was the same team, nothing would occur.
    On WLW when they announced the move, they said the Reds WOLUD lose the 1st if they resigned. I hadn't heard that before, and those guys aren't always right, but that is what was said.
    Sto Pro Veritate

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girevik View Post
    On WLW when they announced the move, they said the Reds WOLUD lose the 1st if they resigned. I hadn't heard that before, and those guys aren't always right, but that is what was said.
    That opposes everything I understood about the process. Can another poster tell me if I am wrong/crazy?

WLW is wrong.
    If the Reds resign Choo, no impact on the draft.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

(W)e're
    (L)ackadaisical
    (W)ith facts

6. Likes:

Chip R (11-05-2013), cumberlandreds (11-05-2013), Edd Roush (11-06-2013), HeatherC1212 (11-05-2013), joshua (11-05-2013), Mitri (11-05-2013), TRF (11-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    That opposes everything I understood about the process. Can another poster tell me if I am wrong/crazy?
    You are correct about the process. The whole intent is to help "competitive balance" by compensating teams who are losing free agents, because they simply can't afford them, with draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    whatever?

ok. So Pablo is consistent. At what? gaining weight? having a sub .800 OPS?

It has already been stated NUMEROUS times over the past two seasons, they have produced very similar numbers. the real difference is salary. that's it. Basically all the reds get by going after Sandoval is a larger payroll, diminished talent base and uncertainty past 2014.

That's the kind of move teams like the Mets make.

Ok so you want an upgrade at 3B. Is there one really available? Because Sandoval is not an upgrade. He's worse defensively, that's a fact, and in a park that suppresses HR's but is pretty nice for doubles and triples, he had fewer doubles and triples than the guy playing in a park that suppresses them. Basically you are enamored of his power potential, and I see his weight as something that has sapped that power.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...6433--mlb.html

Hmm...Pablo has lost 42 lbs already....
    2013 Attendance: 6-0
    4/3/13, 4/16/13, 4/17/13, 8/3/13, 8/21/13, 9/7/13

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post

Good for him, but hasn't he done this before, only to regain the weight?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post

Did you read the part where Pablo stated he has not mentioned how much weight he has lost? 42 is a non confirmed number.

He's lost weight. great. He'll struggle with it his entire career. He's a poor defender and a marginal offensive upgrade at best. He's also expensive.

And there is no way the Reds would ever target him in a trade. Thank god.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Turn Off Ads?