Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Homer Bailey

Re: Homer Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    The market for pitchers is getting pretty insane. Scott Kazmier who used to be a stud left hander in Tampa fell off the map, and now he just got a 2 year $22 million contract from the A's!

Arroyo is supposed to be meeting with the Yankees.

I'm guessing that Bailey gets at a minimum $15-17 million a year.
    Agreed. At a minimum. Bailey is better than Matt Cain and look at how he got paid.

2. Turn Off Ads?

How is Homer Bailey the answer for what wiles this club? I for one think we would be better off away from him. He is nothing more than a .500 pitcher.

I personally would include him and his $10 million salary off with Phillips and get something bigger in return.

I think Toronto and/or Atlanta would be willing to trade. Bad part about Atlanta is they want to get rid of Uggla. Not one that I want to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulh624 View Post
    How is Homer Bailey the answer for what wiles this club? I for one think we would be better off away from him. He is nothing more than a .500 pitcher.

I personally would include him and his $10 million salary off with Phillips and get something bigger in return.

I think Toronto and/or Atlanta would be willing to trade. Bad part about Atlanta is they want to get rid of Uggla. Not one that I want to take.
    Forget Atlanta. They just want to dump Uggla. I don't understand how the team gets better while getting rid of one of their starters. Walt should be adding talent, not subtracting it. I think because of all this early action this offseason it feels like the Reds aren't making any moves but this time last year nothing had happened yet. Let's see what happens at the winter meetings.
    "When I began playing the game, baseball was about as gentlemanly as a kick in the crotch." - Ty Cobb

Mike,

who are you calling Homer Bailey talent? He is a .500 pitcher with a great arm and a 5 cent head.

If it was me, I would look at sending him and Phillips north of the border to Toronto. They have 3 people there who I feel we can get value out of in return. But, that is me

Mike,

who are you calling Homer Bailey talent? He is a .500 pitcher with a great arm and a 5 cent head.

If it was me, I would look at sending him and Phillips north of the border to Toronto. They have 3 people there who I feel we can get value out of in return. But, that is me
    Yup let's cite his record. You probably think it was Homer's fault we lost game 3 to the Giants then.

I did not blame him for anything. But, if you can package him a Phillips and improve this club. Do you make the trade? I say hell Yea.

But, over his time he is nothing more than a .500 pitcher. and to me, he is not worth $10 million

I did not blame him for anything. But, if you can package him a Phillips and improve this club. Do you make the trade? I say hell Yea.

But, over his time he is nothing more than a .500 pitcher. and to me, he is not worth $10 million
    Judging a pitcher by his won loss record is silly. Pitchers cannot control the defense behind, the offense that is scored in their support, or how well the opposing pitcher is on a given day. Bailey is much better than his W-L alone reflects. I agree he is still a bit inconsistent - dominant then not-so-much but he has gotten more consistent. I'd be willing to deal him but only because he is going to command a big fat contract and isn't likely to sign with the Reds. I'd only deal him for a big return, however. Otherwise I think he is worth more to the Reds in the rotation one more year and then get the draft pick.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

I absolutely agree you trade them if it makes the team better. I just don't know if there is a scenario where it is possible

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Fan View Post
    I like Homer, good No. 2 or 3 guy on your staff, but right now to me You MUST get Latos signed first to a deal, I would offer him 5 years around 70-75 million. After that deal gets done I look to Homer.
    With Nolasco signing four years 49M (with option 61M 5yr), I don't think Latos is gonna settle for 70-75M....

Someone's gonna sign Homer for 4 years 55-60M. It's a sign of the times.

The difference between Latos and Bailey is Latos will probably want a much longer contract. Latos is going to want the six years Greinke got at a minimum. Who knows on AAV
    "When I began playing the game, baseball was about as gentlemanly as a kick in the crotch." - Ty Cobb

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    The difference between Latos and Bailey is Latos will probably want a much longer contract. Latos is going to want the six years Greinke got at a minimum. Who knows on AAV
    Another difference is that Latos bought a house in Cincy and said he wants to be here. He's the one to sign IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

14. Likes:

Mike Honcho (12-07-2013)

Look at innings pitched. Huge difference. Record huge difference. Win/loss huge difference. Latos is solid. Homer is inconsistent

Look at innings pitched. Huge difference. Record huge difference. Win/loss huge difference. Latos is solid. Homer is inconsistent
    IP are nearly the same the last 2 years. Ks and Walks are roughly the same. I think these guys are very similar. Pay no attention to wins and losses when projecting forward and stats from 3 or 4 years ago don't mean anything either. Especially when Latos was pitching in san Diego as opposed to a rushed and injured Homer pitching in GABP.

To me the biggest difference is that Latos seems to want to be here. Homer may as well, we just haven't heard anything from him. I'd love to see the Reds lock them both up.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

17. Likes:

marcshoe (12-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    IP are nearly the same the last 2 years. Ks and Walks are roughly the same. I think these guys are very similar. Pay no attention to wins and losses when projecting forward and stats from 3 or 4 years ago don't mean anything either. Especially when Latos was pitching in san Diego as opposed to a rushed and injured Homer pitching in GABP.

To me the biggest difference is that Latos seems to want to be here. Homer may as well, we just haven't heard anything from him. I'd love to see the Reds lock them both up.
    That is a lot of money for two starters. It would be great to keep both players but I'm not sure if it is practical. What I do know is you can't lose both of them. They need to work they're butts off to extend Latos and if it can't be done then do whatever it takes to keep Bailey. If Bailey leaves or is traded then Latos will have the Reds over a barrel.

Turn Off Ads?