Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ten dumbest fanbases in America

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Ten dumbest fanbases in America

I'm trying to figure out how the Redskins fanbase didn't make it to that list. I live in the DC area, and the Skins fans have got to be some of the biggest idiots around. Most, today, after week 8 where the Skins got demolished by the Broncos, STILL believe that they have a Super Bowl caliber team. Seriously, you have to listen to these folks to believe what I'm saying.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

I am opted in, just not sure what to search for

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I am opted in, just not sure what to search for
    Here ya go, buddy:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...ghlight=mormon

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    That is why I want to read it - sounds like a really interesting post.
    Try this thread: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...ghlight=mormon

I think it's the one being alluded to....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I actually found it - just spent an hour at work reading it (good thing I just gave my two week notice )

Very interesting read, thank you for posting all of that MWM.

Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    Man, I hope this rule doesn't apply. I guess as a North Dakotan I just couldn't be a sports fan. I am with you in that I liked my sports teams (pro and college) long before I had plans for college/university.

I understand that obvious bandwagon fans are annoying, but beyond that I don't really care who you root for as long as you are consistent.
    The 'you didn't attend that school' or 'you don't live in that state' arguments are about as lame as it gets. Over half the states in the US don't have teams in the big three professional sports. Does that mean none of those people are allowed to have a favorite team?

8. Likes:

RedsBaron (11-01-2013),Revering4Blue (10-30-2013),VottoFan54 (10-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    The 'you didn't attend that school' or 'you don't live in that state' arguments are about as lame as it gets. Over half the states in the US don't have teams in the big three professional sports. Does that mean none of those people are allowed to have a favorite team?
    A fan can have a favorite team to their heart's content. There are no rules.

But you're obfuscating the point that it's surreal to see a huge portion of a fan base identify the success of a program so closely with their sense of self especially when the program in question is from a university for which they have zero affiliation -i.e. like the Bama fan base.

Your sentiment embodies the author's cliche that 15% of the the Bama fan base is embarrassed by the other 85%.....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Your sentiment embodies the author's cliche that 15% of the the Bama fan base is embarrassed by the other 85%.....
    Again, Clay Travis is a joke. He's had this same shtick for years. Go after the biggest fanbases in order to draw their attention. I think the percentages are backwards though. I'm guessing 85-90% of every fanbase is embarrassed by the other 10-15%. That goes for all fanbases, including the three I'm a lifelong member of -- the Reds, Bengals and UK. We've all got that lunatic fringe.

11. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-30-2013),jimbo (10-31-2013),RedsBaron (11-01-2013),redsfanmia (10-30-2013),Revering4Blue (10-30-2013),VottoFan54 (10-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Again, Clay Travis is a joke. He's had this same shtick for years. Go after the biggest fanbases in order to draw their attention. I think the percentages are backwards though. I'm guessing 85-90% of every fanbase is embarrassed by the other 10-15%. That goes for all fanbases, including the three I'm a lifelong member of -- the Reds, Bengals and UK. We've all got that lunatic fringe.
    Every fan base has its Banana Phone callers.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

13. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (10-31-2013),westofyou (10-31-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    Man, I hope this rule doesn't apply. I guess as a North Dakotan I just couldn't be a sports fan.
    Are you kidding? The Bizen are awesome!

NL Central champs

Ten dumbest fanbases in America

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Are you kidding? The Bizen are awesome!
    I am a big fan of the University of North Dakota. We have a great hockey program and used to be big rivals with NDSU in football until they stopped playing about 8 years ago. I get really sick of the NDSU talk that you hear around here ALL THE TIME, the last thing I need is to hear about them on a Reds board too.
    Last edited by VottoFan54; 10-31-2013 at 12:50 AM.

Kentucky is to Alabama as Louisville is to Auburn.

Confirmed and verified.

It's actually startling how similar UK and Bama are in terms of overall dominance of their respective sport. And each has their own "little brother" that is very well respected in their own right but clearly pales in comparison to their "big bro."

Each of the little bros also has a much more recent cheating scandal than their big brother, despite their protestations to the contrary.

The fact that a poster such as MWM, considering his fanhood, would attempt to talk smack at this point is very funny and very sad. Especially when most UK fans have gone out of their way to be respectful towards OSU and UC fans.

P.S.

Did anyone hear Colin Cowherd list the 4 sports teams that ONLY WIN and garner universal hatred outside their fans? The answer will provide massive LULZ, especially when viewed against the list of the haters on this site.
    Last edited by WMR; 10-31-2013 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Apparently you've never had a genetics course.
    SO I guess I need to take a genetics course to decipher an article full of stereotypes?

18. Likes:

jimbo (10-31-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    SO I guess I need to take a genetics course to decipher an article full of stereotypes?
    No. Apparently it takes a genetics course to understand the significance of sand mountain being a closed population.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Did anyone hear Colin Cowherd list the 4 sports teams that ONLY WIN and garner universal hatred outside their fans? The answer will provide massive LULZ, especially when viewed against the list of the haters on this site.
    Is this a cry for help? Are you admitting to us that you listen to Colin Cowherd so that we can reach out and initiate an intervention?

21. Likes:

westofyou (10-31-2013)

Turn Off Ads?