Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Season

Re: 2013 NBA Season

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Coming out of a TO it's inexcusable for the players to not know if they're switching or not. It's on McHale imo.
    A Popovich-coached team would never do that.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Mark Jackson fired by Golden State, and Daggum Roy Williams rumored for the Lakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Mark Jackson fired by Golden State
    Just one more reason why the Warriors have been perpetual losers going on four decades. They finally get a Coach that's a good combination with the players they have and they dump the Coach. They just don't understand chemistry.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I have a feeling that Kevin Pritchard is ready to take over as interim HC for Frank Vogel immediately. I can't imagine that Pritchard doesn't believe he would be doing a better job than Vogel right now.

Unless Vogel gets past the Heat, I can't see him having a job with the Pacers within a week after they are exited from the playoffs. Vogel better get to work and figure out how to best use the uber-talented Roy Hibbert better than what he's gotten out of him.

From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Spurs GM R.C. Buford was named the NBA's Executive of the Year on Tuesday.

Buford has never won the award before despite taking over the GM position from Gregg Popovich 12 years ago. Since then the Spurs have won three championships in 2003, 2005 and 2007, while only a Ray Allen miracle shot kept them from winning in 2012. San Antonio can now lay claim to the season's Coach of the Year and Executive of the Year, but they have their sights set on the all-important Larry O'Brien championship trophy. The Blazers have their work cut out for them.

I think there's more to the Mark Jackson situation than we're privy to. He seems to have a very combative and confrontational style. Sure, he did a good job with his players. But just like any job, if you piss your boss off, you aren't going to last long. He's had noted problems on his coaching staff with multiple assistants, and has butted heads with the front office.

Also, he's a guy that spews Christian rhetoric and is a pastor, yet was having an affair on his wife. I just think the guy isn't what he makes himself to be, quite frankly.

ps Just so we're clear, I wasn't criticizing the fact that he's a Christian (I'm one myself), only that he was so public with it, while at the same time cheating on his wife.

8. Likes:

Stray (05-07-2014)

I still like the Wizards in 6. They played terrible tonight and still had a chance on the road.

Also, Roy Hibbert remembered that Kendrick Perkins is the worst starter in the NBA lol.

After a cornucopia of exciting opening-round series, the conference semis have been a veritable snooze fest. Of the eight games played to date, only two have been decided by less than double digits. And both of these games came in the Washington-Indianapolis series.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Choo got it, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    After a cornucopia of exciting opening-round series, the conference semis have been a veritable snooze fest. Of the eight games played to date, only two have been decided by less than double digits. And both of these games came in the Washington-Indianapolis series.
    He said "cornucopia".

Well the Cavs fired Mike Brown for a 2nd time

Not exactly sure what I just saw at the end of the OKC vs. Clippers game.

Chris Paul choked the game away, but the refs did their part to help OKC as well. Obvious missed replay at the end of the game that would have likely iced the game for LA, if the refs are gonna see a missed foul and then make up for it by getting the replay wrong why even have replay?

Chris Paul choked the game away, but the refs did their part to help OKC as well. Obvious missed replay at the end of the game that would have likely iced the game for LA, if the refs are gonna see a missed foul and then make up for it by getting the replay wrong why even have replay?
    http://t.co/b7zauJqz6k

I suppose that I look at these things a little differently. They play for a full 48 minutes. There are missed calls in the first quarter, second quarter etc. I don't think a team can blame a loss on a bad call at the end of the game. I do, however, agree with your point about instant replay.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Haven't rewatched it yet, but it looked like the Clipper player hit the left hand and the ball went off the OKC player's right hand. I have a hard time believing that is what that rule means but who knows. If that was the correct call it's a horrible rule.

Turn Off Ads?