Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Season

Stat geek...and proud

Re: 2013 NBA Season

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Kyrie Irving is hurt again. I saw one twitter feed speculating they are checking fora torn ACL.

This story confirms an MRI but does not guess at what the injury is.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=10224194
    Just a contusion.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Geez, who didn't see this coming the way management/ownership treated George Karl last year and during the off-season (same can be said about Memphis and Lionel Hollins).

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/0...jan-2/#nuggets

Miller yelled about the disrespect he felt he was being shown by sitting. And if he was being disrespected, he’d do the same to the Nuggets’ first-year head coach.

It is the team’s longest slide since dropping eight straight to end the 2002-03 season. It is also the Nuggets’ fifth consecutive home loss. And this one came with an increasingly agitated fan base that peppered the team with boos at the end of the half and in the third quarter, and then flat-out started leaving en masse with 5:33 left in the fourth and the team down 104-89.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

IMO, the absences of Gallinari and McGee -- Mozgov and an out-of-position J.J Hickson have been playing center -- have more to do with the current slide than the loss of Karl, of whom, even though he did some great things in Seattle, one can argue got the bare minimum -- save for 2009 -- out of his teams, as they certainly should have advanced past the 1st round of the Playoffs more than once under his watch.

As for Hollins, I'm not sure Memphis, with such an uneven roster composition set and missing Gasol, is that stable of a situation for any coach.

As long as we are discussing coaching hires, Jason Kidd, even though the Nets are banged-up, is hands-down the worst coaching hire of this past off-season.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    As long as we are discussing coaching hires, Jason Kidd, even though the Nets are banged-up, is hands-down the worst coaching hire of this past off-season.
    Absolutely. I hated it from the word 'go'. It never made one iota of sense to me to build a team of win-now "superstars" and hire not only a first time head coach but a guy with no coaching experience at all.

And while I respect everything he has done on the court and as a Net, I personally never liked Kidd. Too many issues that made it hard for me to respect him.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Kidd is clueless as a Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Absolutely. I hated it from the word 'go'. It never made one iota of sense to me to build a team of win-now "superstars" and hire not only a first time head coach but a guy with no coaching experience at all.

And while I respect everything he has done on the court and as a Net, I personally never liked Kidd. Too many issues that made it hard for me to respect him.
    I understand.

Still, 13 years later, I still cannot believe that Phoenix essentially gave Kidd away to the Nets. Most, other than Nets fans, seen to have forgotten just how good those early aughts Nets teams were, or (going back to '93) just how devastating Drazen Petrovic's untimely death was to the franchise, setting it back at least five years as they were ascending into a power.

And Knick's fans think they've had it bad.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Kidd is clueless as a Head Coach.
    If only Kidd could have kept Deron Williams, Paul Pierce, Kirilenko, and Brook Lopez healthy and made Kevin Garnett 10 years younger.

Deron Williams has played 27% of the Nets minutes. Andray Blatche has played in 47%. Alan Anderson has played 52%. Shaun Livingston has played 48%. The Williams, Lopez, Johnson, Pierce, Garnett group played 78.5 minutes. That is the lowest number in the NBA for the top minutes played by a 5 man unit on a team. The other teams in that range are the Cavs and Kings.

Kidd didn't have a chance.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    If only Kidd could have kept Deron Williams, Paul Pierce, Kirilenko, and Brook Lopez healthy and made Kevin Garnett 10 years younger.

Deron Williams has played 27% of the Nets minutes. Andray Blatche has played in 47%. Alan Anderson has played 52%. Shaun Livingston has played 48%. The Williams, Lopez, Johnson, Pierce, Garnett group played 78.5 minutes. That is the lowest number in the NBA for the top minutes played by a 5 man unit on a team. The other teams in that range are the Cavs and Kings.

Kidd didn't have a chance.
    That nobody could do anything with what a bad team the Nets are, it doesn't change how clueless Kidd is as a HC. If he was HC of the Heat, the Heat would have a sub-.500 record right now.

10. Likes:

Tom Servo (01-02-2014)

Right on cue, the Nets pull it out in OKC.

The Warriors -- my preseason pick to advance to win the West -- win in Miami. And, as I type this, the Knicks are up by six with just under four minutes to go in San Antonio.

A bizarre NBA night, indeed.

Right on cue, the Nets pull it out in OKC.

The Warriors -- my preseason pick to advance to win the West -- win in Miami. And, as I type this, the Knicks are up by six with just under four minutes to go in San Antonio.

A bizarre NBA night, indeed.
    And, the Knicks held on, while the Grizzlies won in Phoenix. Of the elite teams, only Portland won last night (Indiana lost at home to Toronto the night before). Portland hit 21 of 33 three-pointers last night in a 134-104 drubbing of Charlotte. Last night put Portland back alone atop the Western Conference, zero games behind the Pacers, but percentage points back.

Portland is 6-1 vs OKC, San Antonio, Miami, Indiana, LA Clippers and Golden State with the only loss coming from a 30-foot Three by Bosh with 1.2 seconds left to lose by one, though Bosh would have hit it from 40 feet, he was so hot. Huge test coming Jan 17-21, where they play in four cities in five nights and these cities are, in order, SAS, DAL, HOU, and OKC.

And, the Knicks held on, while the Grizzlies won in Phoenix
    Eric Bledsoe didn't play last night. The Suns certainly miss him, and frankly, so do the Clippers.

Eric Bledsoe didn't play last night. The Suns certainly miss him, and frankly, so do the Clippers.
    I had seen where it was looking like he might play, but I didn't follow up on that. In one of the two Blazer losses to the Suns (both in Phoenix), he was a terror against them. I don't think he was there when the Blazers beat the Suns by one point in Portland, and it certainly made a difference.

They guard aggressively for 48 minutes, which does a good job of making opponents take difficult shots. It makes up for their lack of size, as teams find themselves running out of shot-clock repeatedly, taking shots that they would rather not be taking.

Don't they have like three First Round picks in the upcoming draft, one considered to be among the top three or four in the last 15 years?
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 01-03-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Chris Paul out 3-5 weeks with a separated shoulder.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...rated-shoulder
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    And, the Knicks held on, while the Grizzlies won in Phoenix. Of the elite teams, only Portland won last night (Indiana lost at home to Toronto the night before). Portland hit 21 of 33 three-pointers last night in a 134-104 drubbing of Charlotte. Last night put Portland back alone atop the Western Conference, zero games behind the Pacers, but percentage points back.

Portland is 6-1 vs OKC, San Antonio, Miami, Indiana, LA Clippers and Golden State with the only loss coming from a 30-foot Three by Bosh with 1.2 seconds left to lose by one, though Bosh would have hit it from 40 feet, he was so hot. Huge test coming Jan 17-21, where they play in four cities in five nights and these cities are, in order, SAS, DAL, HOU, and OKC.
    Indiana lost AT Toronto

Still incensed at the Twolves-Thunder game tonight.

Durant's become CP3 2.0 with his ridiculous flopping and cheating

https://vine.co/v/hYnF6VjDawt

https://vine.co/v/hYnYDMlb0X3

Turn Off Ads?