Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Season

Re: 2013 NBA Season

How in the h-e-double hockey sticks can Miami afford Carmelo in addition to the Big 3?

Just do away with the salary cap already. It's not working.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    How in the h-e-double hockey sticks can Miami afford Carmelo in addition to the Big 3?

It is not a coincidence that the two teams in the Finals have superstars who took less money to build stronger teams. Lakers fans should be shaking their heads right now.

It seems weird that we crush players for going for the money but then we crush them for taking less to go somewhere and win.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

It doesn't matter. Carmelo can't win anywhere he goes. He's cancerous. I hope he does go to Miami. [No offense, improbus, but I'm like most of the United States (49 out of 50 states do not like the Miami Heat) and dislike this current version of the Heat.]
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Strange, but true...

From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Metta World Peace will be a girls high school basketball assistant coach next season. He was bought out of his contract by the Knicks in February and has been a free agent ever since. There have been some rumors about World Peace possibly rejoining the Knicks now that his former coach Phil Jackson is the primary decision maker in New York. This is a very interesting choice for the man formerly known as Ron Artest, but he still intends to fulfill any NBA duties he may have.

Source: Steve Galluzzo on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Strange, but true...

From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Metta World Peace will be a girls high school basketball assistant coach next season. He was bought out of his contract by the Knicks in February and has been a free agent ever since. There have been some rumors about World Peace possibly rejoining the Knicks now that his former coach Phil Jackson is the primary decision maker in New York. This is a very interesting choice for the man formerly known as Ron Artest, but he still intends to fulfill any NBA duties he may have.

Source: Steve Galluzzo on Twitter
    mhm strange, I doubt that a assistant girls high school coach was the best job he could get...
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It doesn't matter. Carmelo can't win anywhere he goes. He's cancerous. I hope he does go to Miami. [No offense, improbus, but I'm like most of the United States (49 out of 50 states do not like the Miami Heat) and dislike this current version of the Heat.]
    He was such a cancer on that Nuggets team that went to the Conference Finals with Billups, J.R. Smith, and Nene.

I really never understand the "he can't win" narrative stuff. We heap it on one guy until he wins. Then we shift it to another guy until he wins. Rinse. Repeat. Is Carmelo a complete player? Absolutely not. Can he be the best player on a championship team? Maybe, maybe not. But calling him a "cancer" is really rough. He is a player with a specific set of elite skills. If Miami replaces Wade with Melo, I would be thrilled. He would fit their floor spacing game really, really well. Imagine Carmelo getting all the wing jumpers and 3's he wants. I'm salivating just thinking about it.

8. Likes:

Razor Shines (06-13-2014)

As for Heat hate, I think there are a number of things at play.

1) Miami doesn't deserve that team. They aren't known as a "basketball town". That kind of weird historical bias is annoying.
    2) The players "colluded" to get together. That "Built not Bought" stuff is a joke. Like anyone would want their legacy/career to be governed by Cleveland/Dan Gilbert/Jim Paxson/Mike Brown. That is insane. The best free agents they could bring into Cleveland were an ancient Shaq, and old Antawn Jamison, and a bad Larry Hughes. That is it. So, LeBron chose to go to this group: Miami/Mickey Arison/Pat Riley/Spoelstra. Any sane person would make that choice. (As an aside, why do fans get mad when the players take their careers in their own hands? It is THIER career, not the teams, and not ours.)
    3) LeBron left his hometown. Get over it Ohio. There is a reason we are known as the Birthplace of Aviation/Presidents/etc... People are born here and leave to do great things. It is sad but true.
    4) The Decision. So, let me get this straight. We talk about LeBron's decision for two years. It overshadows most of the action happening on the court (which is our doing, not his). Then, he gives us a TV show about it (which our behavior indicated that we wanted). Then we watched it (in droves). Then we screamed at him for doing it. All the while, he made $4 million dollars for the Boys and Girls Club. Whose "priorities" are out of whack?

That about right?

10. Likes:

Razor Shines (06-13-2014)

Spurs are putting on a clinic. Just unbelievable stuff

Fun to watch the Spurs when they get it rolling like this.

As they get ready to start the 2nd half, the hoop is still rattling from Kawhi Leonard's follow up jam late in the 2nd quarter.

I just prefer the way san antonia plays basketball! Iīm a point guard who loves the passing game. In my team is a guy with a skill set that as way better than anyone else in the league we play, yet he isnīt a ego shooter (he could) and he still passes to the open guy altough it would be a higher percentage if he just take the shot himself.

I like the way san antonio picks the other teams defence a part with "simple" plays. And it is refreshing to see a team without much flopping, trashtalking, stupid interviews etc.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    I just prefer the way san antonia plays basketball! Iīm a point guard who loves the passing game. In my team is a guy with a skill set that as way better than anyone else in the league we play, yet he isnīt a ego shooter (he could) and he still passes to the open guy altough it would be a higher percentage if he just take the shot himself.

I like the way san antonio picks the other teams defence a part with "simple" plays. And it is refreshing to see a team without much flopping, trashtalking, stupid interviews etc.
    Yep. Young players would be well-served to emulate the Spurs and a team instead of worshiping an individual player.

Yet the NBA markets players and not teams, and basketball as a whole has suffered

I think this ends Sunday. Unless Wade can find a new pair of legs before then.

Miami looks worn down.

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    As for Heat hate, I think there are a number of things at play.

1) Miami doesn't deserve that team. They aren't known as a "basketball town". That kind of weird historical bias is annoying.
    2) The players "colluded" to get together. That "Built not Bought" stuff is a joke. Like anyone would want their legacy/career to be governed by Cleveland/Dan Gilbert/Jim Paxson/Mike Brown. That is insane. The best free agents they could bring into Cleveland were an ancient Shaq, and old Antawn Jamison, and a bad Larry Hughes. That is it. So, LeBron chose to go to this group: Miami/Mickey Arison/Pat Riley/Spoelstra. Any sane person would make that choice. (As an aside, why do fans get mad when the players take their careers in their own hands? It is THIER career, not the teams, and not ours.)
    3) LeBron left his hometown. Get over it Ohio. There is a reason we are known as the Birthplace of Aviation/Presidents/etc... People are born here and leave to do great things. It is sad but true.
    4) The Decision. So, let me get this straight. We talk about LeBron's decision for two years. It overshadows most of the action happening on the court (which is our doing, not his). Then, he gives us a TV show about it (which our behavior indicated that we wanted). Then we watched it (in droves). Then we screamed at him for doing it. All the while, he made $4 million dollars for the Boys and Girls Club. Whose "priorities" are out of whack?

That about right?
    Good post. I'm a Pacer fan but I don't hate the Heat, I'd prefer they won over the Spurs. I don't understand the Lebron hate. He's not Jordan, so what? Wade should get way more hate, he's the dirtiest player in the league.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I wish that this series were more competitive, mostly because I love watching this Spurs team play basketball.

I'm really curious to see what LeBron does this offseason, he's logged a lot of miles as a pro and you have to wonder if he really wants to hitch his wagon to the ghost of Dwyane Wade, Bosh and handful of other dudes for the remaining few years of his prime. It would have probably been tough to walk away after a three-peat, but maybe losing in the finals gives him the opportunity to walk away and find a better situation.

Turn Off Ads?