Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas gift recommendations 2013

Re: Christmas gift recommendations 2013

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    An Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" (down to $139) with a 1 year subscription to Amazon Prime or Netflix.
    Those are going to be around $100 on BlackFriday whenever that actually begins this year.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

A great bottle of scotch or some great craft beer always works.

Maybe a nice watch?

Spotify Premium gift card.

Brookstone or Sharper Image is a great place to shop.

I'd start with an A.R Drone.

But with the type of description you've mentioned, I'd ask for a experience gift (skydiving, exotic car drive, stock car school, etc).

Another thing that would be neat to ask for is the gift of time. They could fulfill it with something like a watch, some sort service that saves you time (Lawn service, limited (perhaps 3 visits?) house service, or even a time saving device like a Roomba!

A bottle of fine bourbon.

A pound of Kona coffee.

A great baseball book.

A wine aerator (and a good bottle of red)

A nice set of wine glasses.

Some good cashews.

A good pocket knife
    Last edited by Roy Tucker; 11-18-2013 at 10:29 PM.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Tillamook Special Reserve White Cheddar Cheese
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Well, I just got a most unconventional gift for my wife's December birthday (still working on Christmas).

DNA Exploratory test. www.23andme.com
    She had mentioned that she was curious about this. 99 bucks.
    Just curious oneupper - did you end up getting this for your wife?

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    Just curious oneupper - did you end up getting this for your wife?
    Yes. But her birthday is this Friday. She'll get it then.

Fortunately I bought it before the FDA stopped this guys from selling the kits.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Good coffee
    Kahlua for your coffee.
    Tools
    Books - Reading a trilogy starting with "The Strain" right now. ( If you like biotechnology and vampires.)
    A craft - each winter I putter with something. Playing with pyrography this year. Got a neat book with a toolset. One year, I got some books on drawing and cartooning. (I suck at it). One year it was birdhouses. I enjoy putting them together, painting them.
    DVDs - I enjoy a good binge - like a weekend of Game of Thrones.
    Grill stuff - dry rubs, marinades, real cast iron.
    Pistachios.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

LOL, I think Roy and I think alike. Hiya Hon. Merry Christmas.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Bengals' playoff tickets.

We do the same kind of exchange and we try to keep it around 50 bucks. A few years ago my aunt drew me and asked for a list and I made one with one word on it: SOCKS.

So she bought me this ridiculous pair of wool winter socks that are basically like walking on an angel's butt. They're so comfortable, they're ridiculous. Best gift ever.

Ask for something ordinary, but special. Something you wouldn't buy for yourself, but that you'll get lots of use/enjoyment out of. Those kinds of things make the best gifts.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?