Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Tigers Hire Brad Ausmus "Reportedly"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tigers Hire Brad Ausmus "Reportedly"

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...42302637088768

Source: #Tigers to hire Ausmus as manager. First reported @AdamSpolane.

Re: Tigers Hire Brad Ausmus "Reportedly"

Didn't think Dusty ending up in Detroit or Washington was realistic, but I hope he does end up managing somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Didn't think Dusty ending up in Detroit or Washington was realistic, but I hope he does end up managing somewhere.
    Mainly so the Reds don't have to pay him.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    As I've said, no franchise with any window of competitiveness or hope will give Dusty a realistic sniff at a managerial job. If he wants to manage, he'll have to dumpster dive and hope that an old school GM takes a flier.

Old school managers are no longer in vogue and Dusty is the picture on wikipedia. Add up old school with an abysmal postseason history with above average teams and the baggage of his exits in Chicago and Cincinnati and you've got the antithesis of an interesting hire that would excite a fanbase.

Dusty needs to go back to a comfy gig on ESPN or MLB Network.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    As I've said, no franchise with any window of competitiveness or hope will give Dusty a realistic sniff at a managerial job. If he wants to manage, he'll have to dumpster dive and hope that an old school GM takes a flier.

Old school managers are no longer in vogue and Dusty is the picture on wikipedia. Add up old school with an abysmal postseason history with above average teams and the baggage of his exits in Chicago and Cincinnati and you've got the antithesis of an interesting hire that would excite a fanbase.

Dusty needs to go back to a comfy gig on ESPN or MLB Network.
    Unless Dusty ends up in Seattle I would say there is a good chance we will see him on one of those two networks next season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post

Pretty much spot on. He's the opposite of the trend right now, which is less experienced managers that can motivate and relate to their players like Sandberg, Ausmus, Matheny, Girardi, etc.

So now half of the NL Central catchers from 2002 are managing in the big leagues

What manager jobs are still available?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    What manager jobs are still available?

Seattle and the Cubs are the only ones left I think.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...-mariners.html

The Tigers officially announced Brad Ausmus as the 37th manager in franchise history during a press conference today. Ausmus, who agreed to a three-year contract with a club option for 2017, confirmed Gene Lamont will return as bench coach and would have been his first choice even if he wasn't already on staff. Lamont, who signed a two-year deal to stay in Detroit, has ties to Ausmus as he coached him during his playing days with the Astros. Tigers President/CEO/GM Dave Dombrowski downplayed Ausmus' lack of managerial experience saying he "was born to manage" and cited Joe Torre and Dusty Baker as examples of skippers who succeeded without previous managerial experience. Dombrowski also acknowledged he wanted to interview former Reds shortstop Barry Larkin, but the Michigan alum declined. In other news on the managerial search front:

I don't know why, but this is bothering me...

Shouldn't it be Tigers "Reportedly" hire Brad Ausmus?

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I don't know why, but this is bothering me...

Shouldn't it be Tigers "Reportedly" hire Brad Ausmus?
    I don't gots no idea.

Turn Off Ads?