Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 212

Thread: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

  1. #16
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,692

    Re: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Cool Richie's Dad posts on Redszone too!
    I think Cool Richie got killed on Boardwalk Empire last night.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

  2. Likes:

    Patrick Bateman (11-04-2013)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #17
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,437

    Re: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

    Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    My concern: you hear about people subjected to bullying snapping and bringing a gun into school or the workplace and shooting people. The NFL might want to crack down on this before a tragedy occurs.
    That's an excellent point. A lot of athletes enjoy bringing their weapons into the locker room to show off or for personal protection but there could come a day where an athlete goes postal over a real or perceived problem.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  5. #18
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,673

    Re: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

    Yeah it's an nfl locker room but act like an adult, certainly being paid enough, his dad's posting shows its a family thing.
    Go Gators!

  6. #19
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,498

    Re: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

    Richie Incognito is making Riley Cooper look like Medgar Evers.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  7. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (11-04-2013)

  8. #20
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

    Incognito seemed to have some kind of obsession with Martin. Martin seems like a pretty intelligent and stable guy. Based on what we know so far, I can't blame him for feeling unsafe and taking the action he took.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  9. #21
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    If this all turns out to be true, the most interesting thing might be how Goodell decides to address it. It may be treated the same as the bounty scandal in New Orleans, but I could see him coming down hard on those involved.
    I have nothing personal against the Miami Dolphins, but I really think Goodell should come down hard on them and the players involved for this reason:

    Bullying is a real issue, not just in the NFL but in schools all across the country. Think of the high school or middle school kids who watch ESPN and are impressionable enough to think Richie Incognito is a role model and Jonathan Martin is a wuss. Even though we as adults see things differently, with children and teenagers it isn't as cut and dry. The NFL needs to send a message that shows a zero tolerance for bullying, similar to the Saints with the bounties. If not, you're sending a message to kids that bullying is ok and there are no consequences if you do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  10. Likes:

    HeatherC1212 (11-05-2013)

  11. #22
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,437

    Re: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I have nothing personal against the Miami Dolphins, but I really think Goodell should come down hard on them and the players involved for this reason:

    Bullying is a real issue, not just in the NFL but in schools all across the country. Think of the high school or middle school kids who watch ESPN and are impressionable enough to think Richie Incognito is a role model and Jonathan Martin is a wuss. Even though we as adults see things differently, with children and teenagers it isn't as cut and dry. The NFL needs to send a message that shows a zero tolerance for bullying, similar to the Saints with the bounties. If not, you're sending a message to kids that bullying is ok and there are no consequences if you do it.
    I'm a Dolphins fan and the whole thing makes me sick. However this is new ground for the NFL. They have to define what bullying is. If bullying is being made to contribute 15K to a trip to Vegas, then shouldn't being made to buy dinner for some vets the same thing? Is being told to carry practice dummies bullying? Sing the school song? Where do you draw the line? And when you do draw that line, what is acceptable punishment? Who do you punish? The player in question? The team? Is it a fine? Loss of draft choice(s)?

    It's tricky also because even though Martin came forward, will others? If they do, are they going to be ostracized by teammates and/or coaches? In Martin's case, it's doubtful he'll play for MIA again. Are other GMs going to take a chance on him? Will they be reluctant to sign him because they worry that if anyone looks sideways at Martin he's going to holler about bullying? I seriously doubt Incognito will play in the NFL again so the most you could do is fine him. What about the other players? Incognito is getting all the blame but you have to think he hasn't acted alone. This whole thing was reportedly set up because all the linemen left when Martin went to sit down with them. Maybe all that was Incognito's idea but the others didn't have to go along with it. I'm not saying Martin is to blame but why did he take this so long without standing up for himself? Was he worried about all the other linemen who followed Incognito? I know he didn't want to be a snitch but you have to stand up for yourself too.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  12. #23
    2013 W.S. Champions Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, Ohio
    Posts
    430

    Re: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

    "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

    I'm not a man of many words. Read my posts, and you'll see what I mean.

    Some people are Optimists (They see the glass 1/2 full).
    Others are Pessimists (They see the glass 1/2 empty).
    Me, I'm a Realist. 1/2 empty IS 1/2 full.

  13. #24
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,258

    Re: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I'm a Dolphins fan and the whole thing makes me sick. However this is new ground for the NFL. They have to define what bullying is. If bullying is being made to contribute 15K to a trip to Vegas, then shouldn't being made to buy dinner for some vets the same thing? Is being told to carry practice dummies bullying? Sing the school song? Where do you draw the line? And when you do draw that line, what is acceptable punishment? Who do you punish? The player in question? The team? Is it a fine? Loss of draft choice(s)?

    It's tricky also because even though Martin came forward, will others? If they do, are they going to be ostracized by teammates and/or coaches? In Martin's case, it's doubtful he'll play for MIA again. Are other GMs going to take a chance on him? Will they be reluctant to sign him because they worry that if anyone looks sideways at Martin he's going to holler about bullying? I seriously doubt Incognito will play in the NFL again so the most you could do is fine him. What about the other players? Incognito is getting all the blame but you have to think he hasn't acted alone. This whole thing was reportedly set up because all the linemen left when Martin went to sit down with them. Maybe all that was Incognito's idea but the others didn't have to go along with it. I'm not saying Martin is to blame but why did he take this so long without standing up for himself? Was he worried about all the other linemen who followed Incognito? I know he didn't want to be a snitch but you have to stand up for yourself too.
    I think the reason Incognito is the only one suspended so far is that they had pretty clear evidence based on voicemail and texts that he was going well beyond what is considered playful messing with the rookies and harsh bullying. It's one thing to make rookies sing a fight song or wear a Hello Kitty backpack on a road trip. But making rookies pay for extravagant trips and dinners they didn't go to and then harrassing them by phone and text is something else. That seems less like an initiation into being part of the gang and more like the playground bully who takes your lunch money and threatens to beat you up if you don't bring more next time.

    So far we don't know who else might have been involved, so it would be premature for the Dolphins and the league to hand out more suspensions until they know more. It's important to make sure they determine the extent of the harrassment, who was involved and what was the extent of the involvement. In any case, I think the Dolphins are going to have to seriously examine the culture in the clubhouse and make some serious changes. I think the NFL is going to have to put guidelines in place to deal with future incidents. I doubt Incognito is suspended permanently because an arbitrator would likely overturn it. I think his suspension lasts until the investigation is completed, then the Dolphins decide whether to set a defined suspension or just cut him so that he can sign with a new team. It's going to be tougher for Martin. He will likely find it difficult to stay with the Dolphins, and it may take a team with strong veteran leadership willing to take him in under their wing. I get the feeling Incognito will be back on the field before Martin is.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  14. #25
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    2,717

    Re: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

    Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I get the feeling Incognito will be back on the field before Martin is.
    After reading those racially charged text messages, I bet there won't be many African American players in the game who'd be willing to have his back.

    He may get a job, but hopefully he'll have hell to pay for his behavior no matter where he goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

  15. #26
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,642

    Re: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

    Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    After reading those racially charged text messages, I bet there won't be many African American players in the game who'd be willing to have his back.
    In other news, Riley Cooper had 3 TD and 100+ yards receiving on Sunday.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  16. Likes:

    Stray (11-05-2013)

  17. #27
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,437

    Re: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

    Some NFL personnel believe Martin should have kept this in-house and believe he's a coward.

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...2_a1&eref=sihp
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  18. #28
    Member redhawkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Miami township
    Posts
    544

    Re: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

    Stuff like this will continue to happen as long as the phrase "boys will be boys" or as the article says "guys will be guys" is considered a valid excuse for moronic behavior everywhere!
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

  19. #29
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    2,717

    Re: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    In other news, Riley Cooper had 3 TD and 100+ yards receiving on Sunday.
    That doesn't mean his teammates don't hate him, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

  20. #30
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,642

    Re: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Some NFL personnel believe Martin should have kept this in-house and believe he's a coward.

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...2_a1&eref=sihp
    It goes back to my original point that the people who play the game (and far too many people who run teams -- many of whom are ex-players) simply don't understand that the NFL is a multi-billion dollar business and that these locker rooms are places of employment.

    Can you imagine if managers or HR reps at P&G or Apple told an employee who was having problems with a co-worker that the two should handle it with a fight? Or that allegations of racial-slurs and harassment should be a private matter between the two?

    The NFL should impose an immediate gag-order, league wide, on this issue -- because everything being said right now (publicly and privately) is fodder for a huge future lawsuit.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25