Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    In other words, Martin was dressed like he wanted it?
    No...what Im saying is Martin should never have let it get this far in the first place. Something should have been said a long time ago if he had these feelings.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Sorry, incorrect.
    How so? If the info out there right now, that's my opinion. Care to explain yours, or just gonna say I'm wrong?

There's never any shortage of people willing to blame the victim.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    No...what Im saying is Martin should never have let it get this far in the first place. Something should have been said a long time ago if he had these feelings.
    And it would change things how? The Dolphins' players have pretty much said who they would have backed if Martin had spoken up sooner. Martin has been painted as soft, educated Stanford guy, weird, and apparently he's now not as "black" as Incognito. They might as well just call him an "Uncle Tom," because a lot of what they're saying seems like code.

With every new thing they say, to me it's clear that there is no real leadership in the Dolphins' locker room, at least any that would have stepped up and suppprted Martin. His situation with regard to his teammates was untenable.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    There's never any shortage of people willing to blame the victim.
    Dolphin players are angry at Martin because he was showing those voicemails to everybody in the locker room and laughing about how funny they were. I don't think that kind of language should be used, even in a joking context, but it seems like Martin was fine with it originally and is now using it to fit his narrative. It is certainly not fair to say that the Dolphins allowed the locker room to get out of control when the alleged victim did not complain and actually laughed at his treatment. Other players are talking about how Incognito stood up for Martin over and over again, even in fights during practice. Tannehill said that he thought Martin and Incognito were best friends. This story just doesn't make sense.

Incognito probably deserves plenty of blame for this, but Martin never seemed to give any indication that there was a problem. For that, I think Martin deserves some of the blame. As it stands now, it seems like nobody realized that Martin was having any kind of problems, and then one day he just left.

More will certainly come out over the next few days/weeks, but it is certainly not as black and white as it appeared when the voicemails were released on Monday.

Some people just aren't wired for that kind of conflict. That doesn't make them weak. It's just part of their nature and there's nothing inherently wrong with that. A person should never be put in a situation where he feels like he has to stand up to a guy as brazen as Incognito.

Our culture has so many of these widely help beliefs about how people should be. A man should stand up and act like a man. It's pathetic that we're in the time we're in and we still hear this nonsense coming from adults.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

8. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (11-07-2013),Larkin Fan (11-09-2013),Patrick Bateman (11-06-2013),texasdave (11-06-2013)

I can't believe the Bengals lost to such a trainwreck of a team.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

10. Likes:

Boss-Hog (11-06-2013),HeatherC1212 (11-07-2013),RiverRat13 (11-06-2013),The Operator (11-06-2013)

Stepping back from the actual story here, it's kinda fascinating watching the media zig and zag on this story. Today was a pro-Incognito day overall.

Don't be offended by this just sharing my inside thoughts with nothing to base them on...but I worry that this is going to be the way the first gay NFL player comes out.

So what we are suppose to take from this story is that white players can use the N word in the NFL if black players think it's okay ? I wonder what Jesse Jackson thinks about this.....
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

If the black players he is directing the "ni***rs" at don't care, why should anyone else?

Here's an insider's view from a former lineman who played for the Dolphins last year.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/richie...-lydon-murtha/
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I can't believe the Bengals lost to such a trainwreck of a team.
    They've wrecked a lot more since we played them a week ago. I'd love to play them this week

This story gets more and more fascinating.

http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphi...oom-for-martin

I'm not sure what to believe on this story. If Martin was bullied like he said he was, for a long period of time, and it got so bad that he ended up in a hospital, why are there photos of the two hanging out and so many people saying they were friends? Heck, one of their receivers said Martin was playing the voicemail to teammates and laughing about it.

There's obviously more to the story. Something had to happen recently that ruined whatever relationship Martin and Incognito had.

But yeah, I'll just wait a few more days to make up my mind since this story continues to get more strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Here's an insider's view from a former lineman who played for the Dolphins last year.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/richie...-lydon-murtha/
    He paid $9600.00 as a seventh round pick for a dinner for the veterans. No wonder why 78% of football players are bankrupt 3 rears after retirement.

Turn Off Ads?