Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

Article

Almost the ENTIRE Miami Dolphins team accused of bullying: Veteran stars 'made younger players subsidize their luxury lifestyle and fund $30,000 dinners and trips to Vegas'
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

The smoke signals I'm reading are this: some player (Incognito---oh the irony of the name for this story) has developed a self-serving gang, Martin refused to go along, they were relentless in their emotional and verbal abuse, he is sensitive and not used to such childish behavior, and couldn't take it anymore. The rest of the rookies have been convinced this is "normal," so they play along.

Incognito Twitter translation: "Whatever they said, its not true."

I think Incognito and his posse's favorite movie is likely "North Dallas Forty."
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Reading rumors of rookies getting stuck with $30k team dinner bills, which is ridiculous. The rookie rate is like $400k, you take out agent/lawyer fees, taxes and a $30k night is probably 1/7 of their yearly take home.

Interesting that Martin is Stanford educated and his parents are highly educated. Meanwhile, on that line, you have Incognito with a horrible reputation and Pouncey who ran with Aaron Hernandez.

Jason Whitlock made the point that you used to be able to settle this sort of thing with fists, now you don't know if the other guy might have a gun - which sounds pretty accurate with Pouncey.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

5. Likes:

RiverRat13 (11-04-2013)

As a Cleveland fan I can't stand the Steelers or Tomlin...but this blurb made me respect the man.

“When I was in Pittsburgh,’’ Colon said, “Mike Tomlin said something great: It’s unfair to make a sixth-round guy pay for a $15,000 trip to Vegas when you have your starting linemen making over two-point-something million [dollars]. [Martin was a second-round pick.] He doesn’t have that money. Guys don’t earn that money until later in their careers. To make a young guy pay that is very unfair, and it’s selfish because that man has a family and people and other needs. So to take $15,000 out of any young guy’s pocket for a trip to get crazy is unfair, and it’s selfish. If you want to let a guy pay for dinner or a night on the town, that’s fine. It’s nothing that should hurt a man’s life or his way of living; that’s disrespectful.’’
    http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/04/gary-k...quarterback/7/

7. Likes:

marcshoe (11-04-2013),RedsBaron (11-07-2013),RiverRat13 (11-04-2013),Slyder (11-08-2013),The Operator (11-05-2013)

Martin sounds like kind of a wuss.

I haven't heard all the details about this but it sure sounds like a whole lot more than having to pay 15K for a trip to Vegas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Nope, in my book the wusses are the rookies who let the veterans take 15k out of their pocket without standing up and saying something about it...
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

11. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (11-05-2013),Hypnotoad (11-04-2013),jimbo (11-04-2013),Larkin Fan (11-04-2013),marcshoe (11-04-2013),mth123 (11-07-2013),MWM (11-04-2013),RedsBaron (11-07-2013),RedTeamGo! (11-04-2013),The Operator (11-05-2013),VottoFan54 (11-04-2013),westofyou (11-04-2013)

If this all turns out to be true, the most interesting thing might be how Goodell decides to address it. It may be treated the same as the bounty scandal in New Orleans, but I could see him coming down hard on those involved.

Forcing them to pay that kind of money for anything is ridiculous, and I don't care how much the rookie got at signing. Make them carry your equipment, or other such things. But taking money out of their pocket, regardless of how much it is, is just wrong.

I have a feeling when we learn everything that happened, it's not going to be pretty.
    Last edited by MWM; 11-04-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 11m

NFL has heard Richie Incognito's VM to Jonathan Martin. Dolphins have heard the voice mail.

Retweet
    Favorite

Expand
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 12m

4. Incognito to Martin, all on same VM in April 2013: "(Expletive) you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

Retweet
    Favorite

Expand
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 12m

3. Incognito VM to Martin: "(I'm going to) slap your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your real mother across the face (laughter).

Retweet
    Favorite

Expand
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 13m

2. More Incognito to Martin: "I saw you on Twitter, you been training ten weeks. (I want to) (expletive) in your (expl) mouth....

Retweet
    Favorite

Expand
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 14m

1: Richie Incognito left this VM for Jonathan Martin in April 2013: "Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of (expletive)...
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Incognito seems like kind of a psycho.

15. Likes:

Chip R (11-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Cool Richie's Dad posts on Redszone too!

17. Likes:

traderumor (11-05-2013),VottoFan54 (11-04-2013)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'm amazed how often the people involved in running the NFL and running teams forget that an NFL locker room is a workplace, subject to rules no different than any office or shop floor.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

19. Likes:

Dom Heffner (11-04-2013),HeatherC1212 (11-05-2013)

Breaking News: NFL football players are crazy people

21. Likes:

TSJ55 (11-07-2013)

Incognito is such a bad guy he got kicked off the Nebraska football team for bad conduct, that's saying something.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

23. Likes:

Dom Heffner (11-04-2013),Hoosier Red (11-04-2013),Revering4Blue (11-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I'm amazed how often the people involved in running the NFL and running teams forget that an NFL locker room is a workplace, subject to rules no different than any office or shop floor.
    My concern: you hear about people subjected to bullying snapping and bringing a gun into school or the workplace and shooting people. The NFL might want to crack down on this before a tragedy occurs.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?