Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

Re: Dolphins players accused of bullying teammates

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I'm just saying that Martin had options and it didn't have to get this far outa control.
    Why is it on Martin to not let things get "outa control"?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Why is it on Martin to not let things get "outa control"?
    Because he is the person that is being effected by this. If he had a problem with what is going on, then he needs to report to someone that he has a problem. There is ALWAYS SOMEONE that you can say something to. It may not be easy, but if you expect change then you need to step up. Obviously the rest of the players in that locker room either didn't know what was going on, or turned a blind eye to it. I know if I have issues with someone or something that is going on, I would step up if I felt that strong about it. Martin is not responsible for what happened, but he is responsible for not stepping up and saying SOMETHING!!!!

Because he is the person that is being effected by this. If he had a problem with what is going on, then he needs to report to someone that he has a problem. There is ALWAYS SOMEONE that you can say something to. It may not be easy, but if you expect change then you need to step up. Obviously the rest of the players in that locker room either didn't know what was going on, or turned a blind eye to it. I know if I have issues with someone or something that is going on, I would step up if I felt that strong about it. Martin is not responsible for what happened, but he is responsible for not stepping up and saying SOMETHING!!!!
    I think it's already been established that Martin really had no one to go to within the organization. Incognito was on the players' leadership council, it appears Philbin was complicit by asking Incognito to "toughen" Martin up, and Ireland, when informed by Martin'sagagent, said Martin should punch Incognito (the football way of telling Martin and his agent to go pound salt). I read an article over the weekend where a number of NFL insiders said the responsibility lies mostly on Philbin and Ireland and that they will likely lose their jobs. It probably won't happen until the Dolphins are eliminated from playoff contention. Incognito will probably be back in the league after doing some suspension time. Martin is probably done with the Dolphins and may find difficulty finding a job in the future not because he's considered soft but because he's considered a snitch in players' circles and other teams won't want to deal with the issues that brings to the locker room. Meanwhile, the NFL will probably come out with an antihazing policy that won't amount to much because players being hazed won't report for fear of being "Martined." I have no confidence in the commissioner doing anything meaningful. The only way things are going to change is if team officials make concerted efforts to weed hazing out of the locker room culture. That or someone dies in a hazing incident and the league gets sued.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

5. Likes:

Chip R (11-12-2013),HeatherC1212 (11-13-2013),jojo (11-12-2013),MWM (11-12-2013),Slyder (11-16-2013),The Operator (11-12-2013),Wonderful Monds (11-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I think it's already been established that Martin really had no one to go to within the organization. Incognito was on the players' leadership council, it appears Philbin was complicit by asking Incognito to "toughen" Martin up, and Ireland, when informed by Martin'sagagent, said Martin should punch Incognito (the football way of telling Martin and his agent to go pound salt). I read an article over the weekend where a number of NFL insiders said the responsibility lies mostly on Philbin and Ireland and that they will likely lose their jobs. It probably won't happen until the Dolphins are eliminated from playoff contention. Incognito will probably be back in the league after doing some suspension time. Martin is probably done with the Dolphins and may find difficulty finding a job in the future not because he's considered soft but because he's considered a snitch in players' circles and other teams won't want to deal with the issues that brings to the locker room. Meanwhile, the NFL will probably come out with an antihazing policy that won't amount to much because players being hazed won't report for fear of being "Martined." I have no confidence in the commissioner doing anything meaningful. The only way things are going to change is if team officials make concerted efforts to weed hazing out of the locker room culture. That or someone dies in a hazing incident and the league gets sued.
    There is always someone higher you can report stuff to. If he had a problem with the team leadership/GM he coulda went to the NFL. If he went the NFL route he coulda done it anonamously. Its a matter of do you want to be labeled a snitch, or do you want to stop from being picked on. I agree that EVERYONE should probly lose their job in over this.

There is always someone higher you can report stuff to. If he had a problem with the team leadership/GM he coulda went to the NFL. If he went the NFL route he coulda done it anonamously. Its a matter of do you want to be labeled a snitch, or do you want to stop from being picked on. I agree that EVERYONE should probly lose their job in over this.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but IIRC he did go to the NFL after leaving the team and the reports that he was being bullied came from the NFL. The reports said "voicemails and texts he submitted to the NFL," not "voicemails and texts he released to the press."
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Going to the NFL is precisely what he did do.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

9. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (11-13-2013),Larkin Fan (11-16-2013),Wonderful Monds (11-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Going to the NFL is precisely what he did do.
    Hadn't heard that. Still gonna be interesting to hear what Martin has to say.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Richie Incognito has a choice in his behavior.

And he's paying for that choice...as he should.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Richie Incognito has a choice in his behavior.

And he's paying for that choice...as he should.
    Who said he shouldn't and who is defending him?

Who said he shouldn't and who is defending him?
    Well you've put the onus on Martin.

We had a discussion on here about a rape case where some posters focused on what the girl should've done or not done. Bullies and rapists are not tornadoes or Bengal tigers, put the focus on their behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Well you've put the onus on Martin.

We had a discussion on here about a rape case where some posters focused on what the girl should've done or not done. Bullies and rapists are not tornadoes or Bengal tigers, put the focus on their behavior.
    I was not defending Incognito or his actions. I just think Martin coulda handled it better that's all.

The Onion checks in: (note: the story has a picture of a guy in a thong, so be careful if you're at work)

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nfl...view:1:Default

NL Central champs

Texting conversations between Incognito and Martin have been released. Incognito doesn't seem like much of a bully after looking through these for a few minutes.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/02/03/her....0DX3EvWu.uxfs

Warning: The link has a lot of NSFW language.

I read the whole thing. If there was bullying, it sure as hell wasn't in the texts.

18. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-05-2014)

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    Texting conversations between Incognito and Martin have been released. Incognito doesn't seem like much of a bully after looking through these for a few minutes.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/02/03/her....0DX3EvWu.uxfs

Warning: The link has a lot of NSFW language.
    Martin threw his friend under the bus. After reading those texts, Incognito comes across as a good friend, albeit kind of gross.

Martin's mother is a workplace harassment attorney. Maybe he realized he was going to get benched, and figured this was his way to still profit off of the situation?

Either way, Richie Incognito is owed an apology by the media. I'm sure he won't get it, though.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

20. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-05-2014),Joseph (02-04-2014)

Turn Off Ads?