Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Area 51 Documents Declassified

Re: Area 51 Documents Declassified

Being that scientists seem to be discovering new things about the universe that continue to blow their minds, time, distance, matter, energy and especially dimentions are probably nothing like we think they are. I'm sure after we die, it will all make such perfect sense and seem like child's play. And we'll all have a good laugh at what we thought we knew.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

No matter what we know, it does seem to be silly in hindsight. Good point!

It's really enormous out there- it would take some pretty major leaps to get around the distance issue,

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    It's really enormous out there- it would take some pretty major leaps to get around the distance issue
    Not for a cat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlcbjrBcXDg

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Just about every report you see...
    You do lots of UFO research do ya?

6. Likes:

Dom Heffner (11-13-2013)

Right now, we are on the verge of quantum computers, which will be the next technological breakthrough for humanity in my opinion. Given that we are at our level of technology, I don't find it very difficult that a society just 500-1000 years more advanced than us would be flying around the galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    People have seen things in the sky that the current technology we know of simply isn't in the same universe as.
    I think I get what you're saying but I'm not sure...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    One would assume that they've achieved warp technology or jump drive technology. Going the speed of light is just really inefficient (if a technology is possible to allow matter to achieve the speed of light without having infinite mass). There's a whole number of ways that advanced civilizations could work around the long distances. NASA is actually currently working on warp technology as we speak.
    Pssh Light Speed is old news! We need Ludicrous Speed to catch up!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk7VWcuVOf0
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

10. Likes:

Chip R (11-14-2013),MikeThierry (11-29-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think I get what you're saying but I'm not sure...
    Some of the things that people have seen defy all technology that we know that exists. By long, long spans of possibilities.

Yes, these spaceships that have mastered warp technology have little lights flashing on them...
    I really feel no need to disguise myself from an ant farm, just so they won't know I'm real.

The whole "prime directive" thing is a Star Trek invention.

I doubt any civilization capable of getting here worries all that much about us knowing they exist.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?