Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds sign Brayan Pena

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Re: Reds sign Brayan Pena

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    I'm disappointed in this move as Corky moves farther down the depth chart.
    Corky is a Free Agent

2. Turn Off Ads?

People here have talked about needing some more Catching depth. Hanigan was doing his impersonation of Gabby Street with the bat last year. Is he going to regress even more? How much worse can this guy be with the bat?

Is there a link as to what Hanigan's feelings were about the Dusty firing?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Bryan...Brayan...I'm just going to use first initials and last names from now on.
    I believe it's pronounced BRIOOONNNNN!!!

http://youtu.be/euGLMWn0_ZY?t=4m8s

5. Likes:

Chip R (11-08-2013),paintmered (11-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    People here have talked about needing some more Catching depth. Hanigan was doing his impersonation of Gabby Street with the bat last year. Is he going to regress even more? How much worse can this guy be with the bat?

Is there a link as to what Hanigan's feelings were about the Dusty firing?
    I think with it being two years, and some fairly decent money, it's unlikely that this is a depth signing to add another guy behind Mes and Haningan, though.

I don't think Pena would have came here, a la Navarro, and taken the minor-league assignment. He's coming off a great year. I also don't think the Reds would take on a contract like that if that was their plan.

Tucker Barnhart is now your catch and throw third option. Dont need to pay for one beyond that.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

8. Likes:

mth123 (11-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by OneManBand View Post
    Corky is a Free Agent
    Yes, but it's not like he's a hot commodity. It's really Louisville or sitting at home grooming his 'stache.
    Where we gonna go?

Sam LeCure's thoughts on the matter. https://twitter.com/mrLeCure

I played with Pena in winter ball, not that anyone asked. plays with a lot of passion, likes working with pitchers, swings it well

I'm GUESSING!! that means Hani or Mes is not gonna be here, if that's the case, whomever it is will definitely be missed, love those guys

11. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (11-08-2013),Tom Servo (11-08-2013)

Innaresting. Not a huge fan of Pena's skillset, but if it means more Mes, with Pena in a limited role mostly vs. RHP, with Hanigan moved for an area of need, sign me up.

My guess is also a Hanigan plus for Joyce deal. Rays and Reds are two teams with a lot of pieces moving this offseason, time to get some early deals done so that the other chips can fall.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

The Reds have officially made more moves today than they did at the All-Star break.

14. Likes:

The Operator (11-08-2013),wlf WV (11-08-2013)

Just reading tea leaves...

Daugherty and Fay mentioned early after the Dusty firing that this could mean more playing time for Mesoraco.

Maybe the way Mes was used was one of the things that Walt and Dusty didn't see eye to eye on.

Price mentioned Mesoraco by name(along with Frazier and Cozart) of someone he thought had more upside, and could help the offense.

I think the smarter move would be to trade the 34 year old with a 2+ million salary, rather than the 25 year old making the minimum with offensive potential.

ctrent ‏@ctrent 1h
    As has been noted, Brayan Pena did serve as a catcher during some of Aroldis Chapman's workouts before he was signed by the #Reds

17. Likes:

757690 (11-08-2013),Gallen5862 (11-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    The Reds have officially made more moves today than they did at the All-Star break.
    Sounds like there will likely be the same impact, however.

I wonder if Mez had enough trouble with Chapman that because Chapman could enter any game it held Mez back. Wouldn't surprise me if that was a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    People here have talked about needing some more Catching depth. Hanigan was doing his impersonation of Gabby Street with the bat last year.
    What, did he try to hit a ball dropped from the Washington Monument?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I wonder if this is another indication that Chapman's going to be in the rotation. Personal catchers don't work for closers.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

22. Likes:

LoganBuck (11-08-2013)

Turn Off Ads?